.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

3/19/2003

I'm very fortunate to have my job. It may not pay a lot of money, but the perks of the job make up for the lack of money I earn. I have a TON of freedom in my job as long as I get my work done. My boss isn't constantly breathing down my neck. In fact, we get along very well. How many people can actually say that they like their boss? I do have my occasional gripes about her. But for the most part, I really like her. I also get along very well with everyone I work with. There are five people in my office that I work with everyday. Then there are six guys that work in Operations/Maintenance that I have to deal with. There are our Public Safety officers and Customer Service people that I occasionally deal with as well. I can honestly say that there is only one person that I don't like. That would be a guy in our Customer Service. He just rubs me the wrong way. But other than that, I like everyone!

Now as far as the perks of my job go, Christmas is awesome! This last Christmas, I received a Tiffany's bracelet from the lady that designs our ads for us. Plus we took a 3 hour lunch and lunch was free! I also get to go to SCMDA (Southern California Marketing Directors Association) meetings at really cool places with my boss. We've seen The Lion King at the Pantagous Theatre in Hollywood where the Marketing Director spoke with our group about the challenges of marketing the play. We also got to go to the new Hollywood and Highland Mall right after the last Academy Awards Ceremonies. The Marketing Director for that center spoke with our group about the behind the scenes for the Academy Awards and all the security measures and changes the mall has to go through for the preparation of the Academy Awards. During these meetings they always have a raffle. At this meeting I won a framed poster from the Academy Awards plus a piece of the red carpet. I was going to sell it on E bay but I really don't have any proof on where I got it other than the folder I have with all the info that the mall gave to their merchants regarding the Academy Awards.

Aside from the meetings, I'm pretty much free to come and go as I please. If I have to go run a quick errand, I do it. If I need to take a long lunch, take a morning or afternoon off, I can. Plus, I'm habitually late. (I think I've discussed this in previous postings). I go out into the mall when I want. I eat at my desk all the time. I can talk on the phone for as long as I want. I've done my nails at my desk, hemmed my pants. You name it, I've probably done it. One of my favorite things is that I'm on the Internet ALL DAY LONG! I have a large friends list on my Yahoo Messenger that I can chat with on and off all day long! I've thought about getting another job that pays more money, but I'd have to give up my freedom and happiness to do that. For the most part, I love my job. I do get bored at times because I really don't have enough work to keep me constantly busy. But I've found other things to occupy my down time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home