.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

4/29/2003

Make Love Not War

Moving is a very stressful thing. Especially when you're combining 2 households into 1 house. You tend to get on each other’s nerves after working all day then coming home and working even harder than you did at your job. My job is not physically demanding. Jerry's job is somewhat physically demanding, but he has to get up so damn early in the morning. So combine the fact that he's up at 5 am, drives over an hour one way to work, works a 10 1/2 hour shift, then drives over an hour to come home, well let's just say it's understandable that he wouldn't be in the best of moods by the time he gets home. And him being in a bad mood, puts me in a bad mood. I tend to take everything VERY personally and I get VERY defensive. I would even say I'm even bitchy. So combine all these factors with a huge mess and lifting, moving disassembling and reassembling heavy furniture, there tends to be a little yelling back and forth. One of my biggest faults is that I do not know how to end an argument. I have a hard time being nice after fighting. And you could of cut the tension that was in the air with a knife. Well last night, I sucked it up and said 3 magical words "I love you" and then gave him a kiss and a hug. This worked wonders. I was very proud of myself since this is totally out of my character. We worked well together for the rest of the night and somehow found the energy to show how much we really love each other before going to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home