.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

4/22/2003

One of Life's Simple Lessons Learned



I know I haven't been blogging lately. Well, I'm a busy girl. I have a story about Friday already written out on a paper towel while I was waiting for Jerry in the hospital. He got into a car accident Friday. He's OK....just went to get checked out since he was a little sore. So that story to come at a later date.

Overall I had a great Easter. Saturday was spent trying to get a rental car and things taken care of from Jerry's accident. A little piece of advise from anyone who ever needs a rental car. Don't trust the 800 number that you call if they tell you that there is a car available at your requested rental location. Call the actual rental location to verify that they have the car there before you go down there. I called Budget around 11:00 am on Saturday. His words to me were "A Ford Focus or comparable". Now I have never rented a car before. So I didn't realize that the people at the 800 number really didn't know shit about what cars are at their rental locations. You would think that with today’s technology, they would have a list of the cars and all the info about the cars they have available. Well folks, they obviously don't. We got to Budget around 3:30 to pick up the Ford Focus that they had said they had available. Guess what? They didn't have a Ford Focus available. Nor did they have anything comparable. All they had on their lot was mid sized sedans and SUV's. We need something economical since I drive approximately 60 miles a day or more (if I have the kids that week, add another 30 miles) and Jerry drives over 100 miles a day back and forth to work. So, we left with out a car and was told that they would have several coming back the next day and that they would give us a call when they get one. We tried calling other rental companies after we left Budget, but everything was closed so going with Budget was our only option. We were so pissed that we had to leave without a car. We drove 20 miles to Redlands to pick up this car and it was total bull shit that Budget didn't have a car for us after I called and they said "Ford Focus or comparable" and gave me a confirmation number. GRRRRR!

Sunday morning, I called Budget's 800 number back to complain about what had happened and how inconvenienced we were. That got us no where, and the guy went on to reserve us another "Ford Focus or comparable" car. I asked him if he knew FOR SURE that they had that car waiting for us. He said he did not. So I said "how can you confirm that they have that car for us?" He told me that I'd have to call the store it's self to make sure they had the car available. Idiot’s! How the hell can they give me a CONFIRMATION NUMBER without actually confirming that the car is available? Here is the definition of the word CONFIRM:

To support or establish the certainty or validity of; verify.
To make firmer; strengthen: Working on the campaign confirmed her intention to go into politics.
To make valid or binding by a formal or legal act; ratify.
To administer the religious rite of confirmation to.

I should call them up and tell them to give me their definition of the word confirm, because they obviously have no clue. They should call it the "Perhaps Number" or the "Uncertain Number" or even the "Possibly Number" instead of the "Confirmation Number".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home