.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

4/15/2003

Wine Me Dine Me... You know the rest


Friday night was the beginning of my Birthday weekend. I got home around 9 because I got my hair done after work. Finally, I don't have the white trash roots anymore or grown out highlights. It took 3 1/2 hours to get my hair done. So after I got home Jerry (yes I finally used his REAL name) asked me which I would prefer for my birthday, a weekend of wining and dining or would I like to get my windows on my car tinted. To me it was a NO brainer. A weekend of wining and dining of course. No cooking for an entire weekend...hell ya. And besides, that way I get to share my bday gift with Jerry too and I really needed to get away.

So on Friday night we went to a local Chinese Food place. They have AWESOME Chinese food. And the entire place is very authentic all the way down to the waiters. They can speak enough English to take your order and answer simple questions. But that's about it. We had a good laugh about our waiter calling our Won Ton soup Nuclear Won Ton soup. Just the way he said it was a crack up. Then we ordered Sweet and sour chicken and Kung Pow chicken..but on the menu it came with beef too. We requested all chicken. No beef. The waiter said in his authentic Chinese accent "Awwww you must like chicken!" We had a good laugh about that too. We finished off a large carafe of wine and went home and I passed out on top of Jerry.

Saturday we went to breakfast then tried to figure out what to do afterwards. The Riverside Orange Blossom Festival was going on and neither one of us had ever been, so we decided to go check it out. OMG talk about GHETTO Gang Banger central! Holy Shit! We walked around a little bit trying to give the place a chance. So we ordered a Funnel Cake and scarfed it down then got out of there. On the way home Jerry got a call on his boat that he has for sale and the guy came over to look at it. By then it was about 7:30 or 8 and I figured out what I wanted to do for the rest of the evening. I wanted to go to Downtown Disney. I love spontaneity. I love the fact that Jerry is spontaneous. (Note to self...add that on the list of things I love about Jerry) We called his mom and made plans to spend the night since we were going to go watch her sing for an Easter program that her church is putting on Sunday night. We drove to Downtown Disney, ate at the Jazz Kitchen which has excellent Cajun cuisine and a bottle of wine. Walked around a little, it was getting late, we were tired, so we went to Jerry's moms house and crashed.

Sunday morning we went to breakfast at Denny's, went to church with Jerry's sister and her boyfriend then headed out to Long Beach to look at the boat (again) that Jerry has a bid on and check out some other boats that just came in. Two of them were Ultra's, which is what Jerry REALLY wants. But they are so damn expensive. Then we went to lunch at Wahoo's and I wanted to go to the beach and hang out for a while but I needed different shoes. The ones I was wearing have a 4" heel and were killing me. So we found this great shoe place and Jerry bought me 3 pairs of shoes. We went to the pier at Newport Beach then took the fairy over to Balboa Island, drove around the island a little then went back to Jerry's moms to get ready to watch her sing. It was nice, just a little to traditional for my taste. We made as much fun out of it as humanly possible by making fun of the conductor. She made the funniest faces while conducting to the congregation. There we several times I had to look away or else I would burst out in laughter. After it was over, we grabbed some burgers and headed home. It was late and we were exhausted. We still had to stop at the grocery store since we were out of stuff for lunches. ICK! We ended up at home around 12 .. then got to bed around 12:30 am and woke up at 4:30 am. That's where my blog from yesterday picks up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home