.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

5/21/2003

My Life is DRAMA


I hate the fact that my life is so dramatic, but if it weren’t, I guess it would be boring. And it's far from boring. So this is what happened. I know I've talked a lot about my loser ex husband. I don't know if I ever mentioned that he wrote over $20,000 worth of bad checks on a closed bank account back in November. We weren't together then. In fact, I kicked his ass out on July 9th of last year. I didn't file for divorce right away because I didn't have the money to. But after I found out that he was writing all these bad checks, I found the money to file right away.

How did I find out? Well, Telecheck sent all the notices to my apartment. Of course I had to open them since I just received a huge stack of mail for him from the same company. It is community property after all. I opened the envelopes up and it totaled to over $20,000. Being the bitch that I am, I called him up laughing telling him that he's going to be the bitch to some guy named Bubba when he goes to prison and that I'll be sure to send him some soap-on--rope. He didn't find that as amusing as I did. heehee.

All of the envelopes were addressed to him, so I didn't think anything of it. I was only concerned with the fact that we were still legally married that that they might try to come after me for the money. That's when I filed for Divorce in November.

I continued to get these envelopes in the mail and I would just give them to my ex when I would go and pick up the kids from his house. I was sick of my mailbox getting full from the notices, so I decided to call Telecheck and give them HIS address. Last night, I got another huge stack of notices. I'm thinking “hell people, it's been 6 months already, call the DA and have his ass arrested for writing checks on a closed account!

I called Telecheck AGAIN and told her that I had already called to give them his address, so why are they still sending the notices to my address? She then asked for my name, I told her and she said "Oh, well you're on the account too". My mouth dropped. I haven't had a joint account with him in over 2 years! What the hell is she talking about? I've had my own account, without him since November of 2001. He must of opened an account without my knowledge the bastard! The lady on the phone gave me the account number and told me to get in touch with my bank.

I immediately drove to the nearest branch and told them what was happening. The branch's Assistant Manager tried to contact the branch where the account was originally opened. Only to find out that that branch was closed and all the signature cards were sent to another branch. She called that branch and was told that since the account has been closed for so long, they sent the signature card to their corporate office. The corporate office was then contacted, but she was only able to get someone's voice mail. ERRRRRR!
So now I'm waiting to hear back from the Assistant Manager to see what she has found out.

To be continued........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home