.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

6/20/2003

Go White Girl, Go White Girl, Go White Girl


I am about as white as they come. Not quite an Albino, but pretty freakin close. Thank God for Sunless Tanning Lotions. I think I've used just about every one that is on the market. I was teased so bad in school for my blinding white skin before the discovery of the Sunless Tanners.

Friends would ask me, "Why don't you just get a Tan?” I still get asked that question. And my reply is always the same, "I can't tan. I don't have the pigmentation in my skin to tan." I've tried everything to tan. I've laid out for 15 minutes a day to get a gradual tan. I tried every SPF under 15 to see if that would work. I've tried every SPF over 15 too. I've fried myself with Baby Oil and I've tried Tanning Bed and Tanning Accelerators. Nothing worked to bring out a natural bronze to my skin. So my last resort is obviously the Sunless Tanners.

There are pro’s and cons to the Sunless Tanners. One of the biggest pros is that I don’t have to bake in the sun to get a tan, so I’m less at risk for skin cancer. And also because I’m in the sun less, and can douse my body in SPF 1,000,000 sunscreen, I won’t age as fast as most of you will. I’ll be going to my 20 year High School Reunion barely aged and look at you all that used to make fun of me for not being tan and laugh because you look old enough to by my mom.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home