.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

6/09/2003

In Loving Memory




Cora M. Heard


July 21, 1921 to June 6, 2003



Dear Grandma,

There are so many things that I want to tell you in this letter. I’m not writing it because there are things that weren’t said while you were here, I know that you knew you are loved dearly. I’m writing this because I miss you so very much and I feel that you are with me in spirit so you’ll be able to hear this.

I miss spending the night at your house and waking up in the morning to see you sitting in your chair by the window watching the birds that you’ve put food out for. I miss your hugs throughout the day and the sense of comfort and love that came with each one. I’ll definitely miss your cooking. You were such an awesome cook and I know that my cooking skills (even though they are not so awesome, but good) came from watching you prepare meals throughout my life. I also miss hearing you say “Come on baby, it’s time to go to bed” to your dog as your walking down the hall on the way to the bedroom. I think I’ll miss you most during our family get-togethers in the summer and at Thanksgiving. It just won’t be the same without you there.

The past couple of weeks have been very hard on me. When I found out you were emitted into the hospital, I was very worried about you. I had a trip planned with Jerry to go to the river and considered canceling it to be with you. But after speaking with my mom, she reassured me that you would be ok. She said you just have a bad case of phenomena (so they think, but they weren’t really sure what it was). I called you everyday from the river to check up on you and to make sure that you knew how worried I was and that I love you. I regret my trip, because I would have been able to have seen you in the hospital and talked with you longer and I would have been able to kiss and hug you and hold your hand. But I am thankful that I was able to talk to you and let you know how I felt before you weren’t able to talk anymore.

You have been such an amazing influence on my life. I am so incredibly fortunate to have been part of the family you and grandpa built together. My happiest days (other than the birth of my children) are our family get-togethers. You are the heart of our family, and our heart has been broken. I just can’t believe you are now gone. There is now a void in my heart that will never be filled. But I know that you are in a better place, and one day, I’ll see you there.

Lots of love. Your Granddaughter,

April

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home