.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

7/17/2003

You Never Know When Tragedy Is Going To Strike

Tragedy can strike at any moment. You don’t know when it’s going to happen and it will take you by surprise. Why am I writing something that is such a downer? Yesterday, people were out shopping at The Santa Monica Farmers Market in California. I’m sure you’ve heard the story. People were walking on a closed street when they were suddenly plowed down by an elderly driver. People were killed while they were smelling flowers, eating some delicious food, purchasing some herbal remedies, whatever, they were just going along their business then they were gone.

What really makes me sad is that children were hurt and even killed. All I do is think about my own kids, and think to myself, “What if I were to loose them like that”? That scares the shit out of me. I don’t think I could handle it. Things like this that happen, won’t prevent me from living my everyday life. You just can’t stop doing things. What kind of life would that be?

My heart goes out to all the families of the victims from yesterday. I’ve just lost a loved one recently, and I understand the feeling of loss from someone you cherish dearly. Only I would think it’s much harder to lose someone so suddenly. So today, and everyday, kiss your loved ones. Let them know how much they mean to you and how much you love them. Don’t take them for granted Cherish every moment you have with them. God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home