.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/08/2003

Rest and Relaxation

It’s been such a stressful week, that I’m so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I would like to get to bed early tonight, but we are taking the kids to see the local baseball team play. I’m so not into sports, but I have free box tickets, I get to check out the butts of some fine ass men, and it’s $0.50 Friday tonight. That means $0.50 for sodas and hot dogs and $1.00 beers. It’s cheap entertainment.

Tomorrow I’m going to take the kids to the movies. Haven’t figured out which movie to take them too yet. The only Kid appropriate movies out are Finding Nemo (which they’ve already seen), Spy Kids 3 in 3 D which totally does not excite me but I could suffer if that’s what they want to see, then Seabiscuit, which I was told really wasn’t a kids movie, but it has a great message.

Tomorrow night, we’re taking the kids to the races. I have free tickets to that as well. Perks of my job. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to squeeze in a nap between the movie and the races. I still have a lot of work to do around the house, so I’m guessing that I probably won’t get any nap time in.

Sunday we’re going to take the kids to church. They really enjoy it and it’s so cute to hear my son say “God Loves Me!” It really makes him excited. I don’t know if he understands or not, but it doesn’t really matter, it makes him happy. In my daughters Sunday School class, they gave the kids a verse to memorize. We haven’t been to church in 2 weeks and she still knows the verse and from what part of the bible it came from. To me, that’s impressive.

I’m still waiting to get my money from the government for the Child Tax Rebate. I plan on using most of it for back to school clothes for the kids. My daughter’s birthday is August 25, so I’m thinking I’ll save some of the money to take her and a friend to Knott’s Berry Farm for her birthday. I’ve lived in California all my life, Southern California since I was 15, and I’ve never been to Knott’s.

My dad got kicked out of Knott’s when he was a kids and banned for life because they entered a restricted area (that’s his story and he’s stickin’ to it). So he never took us there when we were kids. Like I’m sure they would say…”Hey there’s that kid from 1959 who went into our restricted area, even though he’s 55 now, Let’s Get Him!” I’ve been to Magic Mountain a thousand times, and Disneyland Countless times, but I’ve never been to Knott’s. OK I take that back, right after 9-11, I went to Knott’s Scary Farm a few years ago. But that doesn’t count because we only got to go on ONE ride. We spent the rest of the time going through all the haunted house mazes.

Well, that’s my weekend plans. I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and advise and support. I want you to know that I really appreciate it. My friends and family have really been the best through all of this. I have one friend that I haven’t mentioned and that’s Rosa. We’ve been friends for about 2 years, close friends for the past year. She works here at the mall. I just love this girl. She is so thoughtful and generous with her time and money. She has done so much for me throughout our friendship. Friends like these just don’t come along everyday. I don’t have a lot of very close friends, but she is definitely one of them.

Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home