.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

9/09/2003

First Step to Apologizing

After a lot of thinking and careful consideration, I wrote my apology letter (see below for further explination). I've been debating on weather or not I should, because I don't want to inflict anymore hurt or pain to her. But it's been a few years since our falling out, and I really feel as though she deserves an apology. I was 100% at fault in this situation. I made the letter short, but sweet. Please give me any feedback if you think that I am not getting my point across or how you would feel if you were to receive this letter 2 years after a friend betrayed you. Here goes:

Dear M,

I know it’s been a few years since we’ve spoke. And a few years since the “incident” but this is something that is long over due. My intention isn’t to open a new can of worms or to hurt you anymore, but just to simply say how deeply sorry I am for what I did to you. What happened was unforgivable and I understand that you totally hate my guts. If I were you, I would totally hate my guts too. I not only betrayed your trust, I betrayed our friendship. You were one of my best friends, and I will never forgive myself for doing that to you. I was completely selfish.

There are constant reminders of the friendship we once shared and thoughts of the friendship we could have had today, which weighs heavily on my conscious. I know we can never be friends again, but I’m hoping that one day you will find it in your heart to forgive me for what I have done. If not, I understand.

I wish nothing but happiness for you and your family. Once again, I am completely and utterly sorry for the hurt I caused you.

Sincerely,

April

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home