.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

9/25/2003

SOMETHING I SHOULD OF DONE A LONG TIME AGO

Tuesday night I tried to call my kids over at my ex’s house. (It’s his week to have them). His dad answered the phone and told me that they were at a Barbeque. This was at 7:30 pm. So I figured that I’d call back at 9, the kids should be home by then since it’s a school night. So I called back and Fuck Head’s dad answered again. I said, “Are the kids back yet?” and he said “No” then hung up on me before I got the chance to tell him to have them call me when they get back. I had Jerry call back at 9:30 and all he got was the voice mail.

Fuck head has done this before. About a month ago, he took the kids over to his friend’s house and had them call me from there at 9:30. I was livid because they should have been home in bed.

I was really worried that the kids weren’t going to get enough sleep, and I was also thinking that if Fuck head is at a Barbeque, he’s drinking. And if he’s drinking, then he’s driving the kids home intoxicated. He has a history of drinking and driving, so my concerns are valid. Also, he doesn’t have a drivers license because of his DUI’s. He got 2 in April of 1999 that he hasn’t taken care of.

Jerry and I went to bed. I couldn’t sleep. I was tossing and turning for about an hour until I woke up Jerry and said that I wanted to drive by Fuck Head’s house and see if he was back yet. Jerry said “Let’s Go!” It was about 10:30 when we drove by. Fuck Head’s car wasn’t there. So we decided to try to find his friend Julie’s house. The kids have always said that she lived close by, and Jerry and I had a guess about the area she lived in. So we cruised around, looking for Fuck Head’s car. We drove around for about ½ hour, then decided to go back to his house and see if they had shown up yet. It was 11 pm and his car still wasn’t there. We drove around back to see if maybe he parks his car in the back. It wasn’t there. We drove around a little bit more before giving up. I told Jerry that I wanted to go to the court in the morning to file for emergency custody.

That’s exactly what I did yesterday morning. Only they told me that I wouldn’t be able to get the emergency custody because the kids haven’t been physically harmed, but I would have a good chance of getting a quick hearing. It usually takes 8 weeks for a hearing, I would get one in about 2 – 3 weeks.

My goal isn’t to take the kids away from Fuck Head. My goal is to get in the drivers seat and have the power so tell him that he can’t have the kids out past 9 on school nights, that he can’t drive the kids in his car until he gets a drivers license and car insurance. And if it’s court ordered, he has no say in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home