.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

9/08/2003

Where Did The Weekend Go?

I hate Mondays! For one, it means the end of the weekend. For two, it means five long days of work until the weekend. And I always look forward to the weekends. But I also need to work to make money to pay for my weekends. It’s a Catch 22. So here’s my usual weekend update:

Friday night Jerry and I met Rosa, her boyfriend Christian along with a group of friends at El Torrito for Rosa’s semi-retirement party. Rosa’s boss from Mrs. Fields paid for the food and drinks. Can’t beat that! It sucks because El Torrito is such a popular spot and everyone arrives to get their tables in the bar area right after work. So basically, if you’re not there at 5 pm, you’re screwed. Christian and Mike (Rosa’s boss) got there at 6 and waited for over an hour and a half to get a table in the bar area. By the time everyone arrived, there still wasn’t a table, so we had appetizers and drinks in the restaurant area, and when we were done eating, we tipped the bouncer to hook us up with the next available table. Well, the table he gave us, was in the WAY back, not even close to the dance floor. It was the best we could do, since we had such a large group.

We had a good time drinking and dancing. Got home late and didn’t wake up until 10 the next morning. It was awesome to sleep in.

Saturday morning we picked up the kids from my parents house and went to Rosa and Christians and helped them move into their new home. We had plans to originally clean our own home, but since Rosa and Christian were there for me to help me move out, Jerry and I felt we should re-pay the favor.

We got home around 6 and I spent about 2 hours working on the house until my sister came over to watch Tombstone with us.

Sunday, we took the boat out to the lake for what may be the last run of the summer. We’ll have to see how the weather goes and if we can get caught up with our finances. These weekends that we’ve been doing lately have gotten expensive and if we’re not careful, we’re going to get behind. So we’re going to take it easy on our wallets for this month and prepare for a winter of going to Glamis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home