.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

10/16/2003

GROWING UP

When she was born, it was one of the happiest days of my life. Seeing this beautiful newborn baby placed gently on my chest, crying from the new air that has filled her lungs, was by far one of my happiest moments. Every single day I look at my children and try to soak in the people that they are, because tomorrow, they will be another day older. Then before I know it, they will become adults. These are the days that I am dreading. The day that my kids become independent and will no longer rely on me or need me.

My daughter is 10 now, and I can see her becoming more and more independent each day. So my days of her needing me like she did when she was little, are numbered. She’s not a little girl anymore, she’s becoming (as she puts it) a pre-teen. I remember holding my kids as babies and staring at them, wishing that moment would last forever. My little guy is in school now and fights for his independence every day. He wants to do just about everything on his own. Which is great, and I completely encourage him to learn how to do new things, but then it makes me realize how less needed I am as well.

I’ve thought about having another child, but I know that just isn’t possible at this stage in my life. Also, having children, especially a new baby, is completely life altering and very expensive. I think I would only consider having another child if I could do it like when my son was born. I worked for my dad out of his home for two years. My mom was there to help me take care of my son while I worked. It was a perfect situation because I could still work but I also got to spend the most important years of my sons life with him, instead of sending him to day care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home