.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

10/13/2003

KARAOKE AND DANCING AND THE MOVIES

I finally got out of the house on Saturday night and went out with my sister and new adopted brother Tom. I really wanted to get out of the house and I had to practically drag Laurie and Tom out with me. But they were glad I did because we had a blast!

We started out at a Mexican Restaurant that has Karaoke. I started out strong with my version of Blondie’s “One Way or Another”. Which is by far my best song. Then I sang and not-so-good version of No Doubt’s “Spiderwebs”. Finally they called me up to sing Madonna’s “Borderline” and I drug my sister up on stage to sing it with me because I just can’t sing any old school Madonna with out her. Well during the song where it says “You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline” Laurie would actually push me. And I would push her back. Then we moved to the hips. She would bump me with her hip and I would bump her back. If you’re familiar with the song, it says “You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline” several times. Each bump would get harder and harder, so by the end of the song, she literally got a running start and bumped me HARD! I went flying across the stage and banged up against the wall which was about 7 to 8 feet from where I was standing. She realized what she did and said “OMG I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to bump you that hard”!

Now how would you handle this situation? Would you A. Get pissed and storm off stage. B. Get so embarrassed that you want to hide under the first rock you come across or C. Laugh and say in the mic, “NO MORE MARGARITA’S FOR HER!” Then get up, hug your sister and walk off like a trooper. For me, there was only one way to handle the situation and the answer is C. When it first happened, I think everyone had their jaws hanging down to the floor but then the audience cheered and we walked off the stage like rock stars.

After Karaoke ended at midnight, Tom and Laurie weren’t done partying yet. Which was surprising since I practically had to beg them to come out with me. We went over to Margaritaville, and stood in line for about 20 minutes to get in. Tom didn’t waste anytime hittin’ on the honeys in line. My sister and I headed straight for the dance floor and danced until they kicked us out. I haven’t been dancing in so long, it made me realize how much I miss it.

Guys were trying to dance with me while I was on the dance floor; I wasn’t in the mood to dance with anyone other than Jerry. He was on my mind the entire time while I was singing Karaoke and dancing. We never went to Karaoke while we were together and I was thinking about how much fun it would have been to have him there watching me and cheering me on even though I sucked. Why did that night ever have to happen?

I went to the movies with Tom yesterday and saw Lost In Translation which I personally thought was a complete waste of my time. I think plucking my nose hairs would have been more entertaining than this movie. ½ of the movie was spent watching them try to sleep or watching them sit and say almost nothing. There was no action and very little comedy. I give it a two thumbs down.

Tom on the other hand really enjoyed this movie. He’s been to Tokyo, (where the movie took place) so it was a walk down memory lane for him. Maybe if I’ve ever been to Tokyo, I’d of enjoyed the movie a little more, but I haven’t been there so, I thought it sucked.

Note to Tom (cuz he reads my blog): Please don’t take any offence, it just wasn’t my type of movie and it’s hard to know how good a movie is just by previews and review alone. Thanks for getting me out of the house ; - )

Something happened last night (and not with Tom) that I really can’t talk about on my blog. But the results were wonderful and made me feel so good and I wish I could re-live it night after night, only with more sleep involved. And that's about all your'e getting out of me.

I can’t disclose EVERYTHING about myself. I mean, there has to be some mystery about me right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home