.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

11/24/2003

JUST KILL ME NOW

It’s been a busy weekend as usual. I had to work on Saturday because we had a “Breakfast with Santa” for our Kids Club and I needed to be here to deal with the moron parents who didn’t read the important part of the postcard I sent that said “TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE IN PERSON BEFORE SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16 AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER. SPACE IS LIMITED, TICKETS MAY RUN OUT, SO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!”

As clear as that may be to MOST of us, you’d be surprised at how many people show up every year the day of the Santa Breakfast with their entire family of 250 and expect to participate WITHOUT making reservations. Then they get all pissed at us for turning them away. Well, this is the first year that didn’t happen. So the Santa Breakfast went smoothly and I didn’t have to show the kids how stupid their parents are.

I did get a call on Friday, the day before the breakfast, from a lady asking if there were any tickets available. Of course there wasn’t. Hell, we gave all the tickets out within the first 4 days from sending the postcard inviting all the Club Kid members to the Santa Breakfast. Anyways, she explained that her house was burned down in the fires and she’s been having a lot of trouble getting her mail forwarded and wasn’t able to get her two children tickets in time so they could attend the Santa Breakfast and she asked if there was anything I could do for them. Well, HELLOOOO of course! I have the power! So I gave her my kids tickets and explained that I have connections and my kids won’t go without, and I’d be more than happy to give her my kids tickets and I know my kids would be more than happy to offer them their tickets.

I went home that night and explained to my kids what I did that day and how I’ve arranged for them to get the goodie bags and the craft and how they’ll get to do everything the other kids will do, but how it was nice to help the family who’s house burned down. My kids were very happy that I did that and they got to meet the kids they gave their tickets to. She was a very nice lady and had two very cute kids.

So anyways, I’ve been dreading listening to Christmas Music for the past month. Hell, I’ve been dreading it since last year! I knew it was quickly approaching and have cringed at the thought of listening to Brittany Spears Christmas song 6 + times a day along with all the other Christmas songs I’d have to hear 6 + times in an 8 hour day, 5 days a week. To my dismay, when I arrived for work on Saturday, I come in the office and press Feature 19 on my phone at my desk and guess what’s playing? No, not the Brittany Spears Christmas song, but the song I despise more than hers. It goes “Sleigh ride……..sleigh ride……..” then you hear Santa go “Ho Ho Ho”, and you also hear sleigh bells in the back ground and the music is enough to drive you completely insane. I swear by the end of this Christmas season, they will have to admit me into Patton State Mental Hospital!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home