.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

11/03/2003

SPOOKTACULAR!

I would have to say that this was one of the most unusual Halloweens I’ve ever experienced. I was fortunate enough to get off work at 3:30 and have the kids ready to trick-or-treat by 5:30. My daughter dressed up as Vampira, and my son was a very scary skeleton. Thank God my sister came with us, or else I would have had to endured my daughters friend Ariel’s Dad all night. Alone. He was quite drunk and extremely obnoxious. So this is what happened:

We arrive at Ariel’s and meet up with her family and their friends. Ariel’s family always goes all out for Halloween. They totally decorate their house with spooky décor, fog, and eerie music. They also go all out with their costumes. They are almost movie quality. So Ariel’s mom dressed up as an old scientist guy and her dad had a very good Werewolf costume. Ariel’s grandmother started to come with us, but then decided that she was too cold to go trick-or-treating with the kids, so she went home. Ariel’s mom went with her. My sister and I were left with the kids and Mr. Drunk Werewolf (as I will now call him).

I don’t think I really realized how drunk he was until he wanted to go up the same block twice. I knew that it wasn’t apple juice in the red party cup he was carrying around. My conclusion was that he was drinking some non-diluted hard alcohol because every time he went to scare somebody, you could almost see the alcohol spewing from his mouth. And you could totally smell it from 10 feet away. If somebody would have lit a cigarette at the same time Mr. Drunk Werewolf yelled “Rawr”, you would of thought that he was really a fire-eating Werewolf and all of his fur would of caught on fire. The other “give away” that he was completely hammered was the fact that he tried to scare EVERY SINGLE PERSON he came in contact with or passed by him. For the first 10 minutes it was kind of funny. But after he “rawred” at me and my sister 5 times during our first 10 minutes with the guy, it became quite annoying.

So we went up one side of this street that ended as a cul-de-sac and came down the other side. Well, we crossed the street after we were done and met back where we started on that same street. Mr. Drunk Werewolf started to go back up that same street. We had to convince him that we’ve already been up that street and we needed to walk up the next street. So he finally agreed. Well, the street that we were now on, went up to the street he lives on. I don’t know where the guy thought he was, but as we were approaching his corner, he said to Ariel, “Hey, were almost to your school”! If we would of gone the opposite direction , we would have been close to the school, but we were blocks from the school. The entire time, I acted as if I wasn’t in the same group as Mr. Drunk Werewolf.

Trick-or-treating with the little one’s is probably my favorite part about Halloween. I would watch my son go to the door and ring the doorbell. He made sure that he was the first one at the door at each we went to. After the first couple houses, I asked him “Did you remember to say Thank You”. He said “Oops! No”. So I told him to make sure he says Thank You to everyone. So from then on, after each house he went to, he would tell me “I said Thank You”. We quit trick-or-treating around 7. It really seemed like it was 10. I was so happy to get away from Mr. Drunk Werewolf.

Later, I needed to go to the store. I had to drag my sister out with me. We got in my car and as we were about to turn, a group of teen-age guys came running across the street, wearing nothing by Speedo’s. We were cracking up. And we knew some major shrinkage had to have taken place since we were freezing our asses off Trick-or-Treating. We rolled down the windows and started yelling “Owwwwwww” at them. We made our turn, and then decided to mess with them some more, so I made a U turn and found them again. Rolled the windows down and started yelling “Yah baby, Owwwwwwww”. We got to the end of the street and saw another group of teen-age guys (who were fully clothed). They BA’d us. Then I looked at my sister and said “I hope we can’t go to jail for this”. Then we went to the store. See the fun my sister would of missed out on if I didn’t take her to the store with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home