.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

12/16/2003

EXHAUSTED


This was one hectic weekend. We’ve been trying to decorate the house since last weekend, but we’ve either been too busy or too tired to attempt it. So Friday, we decided would be the night. We were up until 1 am putting up decorations and the tree. Since it was so late, we only got the lights up on the tree then decided to call it a night.

The next morning I made Blueberry pancakes and then we finished decorating the tree. Jerry and I had free tickets (that I won from the radio) to go to quad races and a concert. Alien Ant farm was the main band that was going to play. So we took the kids to Fuck Heads house and went to the races/concert. We had no idea exactly how they were going to set it all up. The gates opened at noon, but we got there around 4:30. We watched the main event for the quad races, then they told us all to go over to the building where the concert was going to be held.

Jerry and I didn’t have a lot of time to be there since we had to get up early the next day to go to Disneyland with the kids. We figured we’d hang out for a couple of hours then pick up the kids and go home and get to bed early. So we were herded like cattle after the races, over to the concert building. We found a place close up to the stage and planted ourselves there. We stood there for the next hour, watching a quad racing DVD they were playing on the jumbo-tron. We also inhaled a ton of second hand marijuana smoke and got a pretty good buzz from it. We had no clue what time the bands were going to start playing and we really needed to get going, so we left before we even saw one act. We picked up the kids from Fuck Heads and I realized I probably totally smelled like weed. I was laughing about it when I got in the car.

Sunday we got up at 5 am and left the house by 6 to meet Jerry’s mom’s friend at Disneyland by 7:30. She works in Fantasyland and can get 3 people into both parks for free. We got my son in for free saying that he was 3. (He’s really a small 5 year old). Getting to the park so early was great. We only had about a 5-minute wait for the rides until about 10. We made sure we hit all the good rides first.

We left the park at 1 to have lunch and go to Jerry’s sister’s house (who lives only about 15 minutes from Disneyland) for their family gift exchange. While we were at her house, it started to rain. It stopped raining before we got back to the park. Only this time we went over to the California Adventure side. This was my first time there and it really wasn’t all that. There is not a whole lot to do and I can’t believe that they charge people the same price as they do for Disneyland. It’s a total rip off.

We went back over to Disneyland and watched the Christmas Parade, Fantasmic and the fireworks before going to Small World. This was my first time ever going to Disneyland during the holiday season, and they had the park decorated so beautifully and they totally re-did all the lights on Small World, as well as making the insides all Christmasy. They also do a fantastic job with the Haunted Mansion. They totally re-do the Mansion and it’s themed after “The Nightmare Before Christmas” movie.

We left the park at 11 and got home at 12:30. The kids slept in the car during the entire trip home, and Jerry and I were completely exhausted. Poor Jerry only got about 3 ½ hours of sleep before he had to get up for work. I got up with him and helped him make his lunch, then I went back to bed until 7:30. I really didn’t want to get out of bed and I really needed about 4 hours more sleep than what I got. I was a total zombie at work yesterday.

The kids are with their dad this week, so after I went home yesterday, we heated up some soup and we were in bed at 7! So now I’m all rested and hopefully this week we will find the time to clean up our mess from decorating the house. I really would love a 30 hour day. That way I could have 3 more hours to sleep and 3 more hours to get stuff done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home