.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

12/12/2003

IT MUST BE FATE OR A SIGN FROM GOD

As you know from the post below, our cat Smokey was found dead on top of my car in the garage last Friday. Well, I don’t know if it’s fate or a sign from God, but last night we found a gray kitten in our garage. Bruster (our dog) was sleeping next to our bed and she must of heard something in the garage and went to the door and started barking. Jerry let her out into the garage and she started chasing a cat. Now we’re not sure if it was just the cat we found, or another cat also, but we thought we saw a black cat as well. We put Bruster outside while we caught the poor little petrified kitten. His little heart was beating a million miles a minute. I held him close and pet him until he started purring. Then we decided that it must be fate for a grey kitten to be found in our garage so we’re keeping him. He slept next to me under the covers all night long.

I say, screw the people who let him outside in the freezing cold. They don’t deserve to have pets if they are going to make them sleep outside on a night when it’s been raining and hailing. Especially such a small, adorable kitten. He must have been trying to find a warm place to sleep for the night and found our garage.

We’ve talked about weather or not to replace Smokey so that Sophie (my cat) has a friend to play with other than Bruster. Bruster loves Sophie and they get along great, but Bruster is too much for Sophie to handle since she is so much bigger and goes crazy when she wants to play.

We found the kitten at 3 am this morning. I woke the kids up with a surprise saying “Hey you guys, we have a new kitten!” When they saw him, they were so excited and happy. So now we are in the process of naming him. I came up with Charly. Get it? Char like charcoal. Jerry likes it. I’ll run it by the kids. My daughter wanted to call him Smokey Jr. or Jr. for short. Jerry thought about using a synonym for Smokey, but I couldn’t find any that would work.

Ok, and yes, It’s out now and I’m done hiding it, Jerry and I are back together. Bring on the hate/your-so-stupid-what-are-u-thinking mail! I ready to deal with it. I couldn’t take it all at once so I had to let my friends and family deal with it before I came out with it.

We’re going to counseling and Jerry is going to anger management classes once a week. I got a lot of grief from my friends and family, and they are accepting it more and more every day. And I am happy about my decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home