.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

12/08/2003

WHERE DO I BEGIN?

I guess I should begin with Thursday since something fun happened that day.

On of the best times of the year for my job is Christmas. Not only am I incredibly busy, but It’s when I receive most of the “perks” from my job. And that means parties, long lunches and gifts! My boss and I left at 11:00 am to meet our Deborah and Janice (from the ad agency we use) at the Mission Inn in Riverside for lunch. The Mission Inn is elegant, historical and they go all out with beautiful decorations for the holidays. Plus, their buffet is outstanding. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t like buffets.

We took our time eating and chatting, eating some more and after desert, Deborah pulls out of her Coach bag, 3 Tiffany’s boxes! 2 of the boxes went to my boss and the third went to moi! Of course I wouldn’t be disappointed about receiving ANYTHING from Tiffany’s! I mean … helloooooooo! I opened up my box and inside was a small green leather pouch, I looked in the pouch and inside was a sterling silver necklace with an A as the charm. It’s so dainty and I love it! I mean, of course I love it, it came from Tiffany’s!

My boss and I came back to work around 2:30 and I had to work my ass off for the rest of the day since I was taking Friday off (I’ll tell you why in a minute) and we had a promotion starting Friday morning. So I had to make sure everything was ready for the promotion. I had to cram 2 days of work into the 6 hours I had of actual work time on Thursday.

A DAY SURROUNDED BY DEATH

Friday was a real bummer. One of the worst days I’ve had in a long time. I really should of read my horoscope before I even got out of bed. But the events that took place that day were inevitable.

I took the day off on Friday to go to the funeral of my sisters God Father. He is someone my sister and I grew up with when we lived in Bakersfield. His family was like our second family. Anyways…….

I go out to the garage Friday morning and get in my car and notice that my cat Smokey is lying on the car. He never moved when I came in the garage, nor did he move when I got into my car which is very unusual. So I figured if I started the car, he would move. He didn’t. I knew something was very wrong. I sat there looking at him, trying to see any sign breathing, a twitch, or something. Nothing. I get out of the car and I say “Smokey?” Still nothing. I put my hand on him and he felt stiff. It took me about 5 seconds to grasp the fact that my cat was dead before bursting into tears. I freak out for a few minutes then I gather my thoughts about what to do about it. I was in shock. I couldn’t believe that he was dead. It didn’t make any sense.

I called Jerry at work, crying hysterically. It took me a few times for him to get what I was telling him. Then once he understood, he tried to comfort me. Then we decided that I would put Smokey in a box and leave him in the garage and when Jerry got home, he would burry him somewhere in the back yard. I got a towel and wrapped Smokey in the towel and set him in a box and closed the box, and then I left to meet my sister at her apartment.

My sister and I drove to Bakersfield together. That’s where the funeral was. My sister drove. I wasn’t in any shape to drive 3 hours. I was so depressed. So my sister put on the George Lopez comedy CD for us to listen to on the way. It was just what I needed to get my mind of Smokey and have a good laugh.

We got to the funeral just before 2. It was a Catholic funeral and it was about the longest 2 hours of my entire life! Stand up, sit down, kneel, sit, stand, sit, stand, kneel, sit, stand, sit. I swear, those Catholics are some really bossy people! Plus I don’t know any other religion where they treat people like dogs. The funeral was nice, but WAY too long for my taste. When I die, I just want my friends and family to say some nice things about me, tell some stories, say a prayer then have a big ass party!

After the grave side service, we all went back to the church for a get-together. I don’t know how many times my sister and I heard “I used to baby sit you girls” or “We used to swim in your pool”. It was fun to see people that knew us when we were kids. Most everyone got my sister and I confused with each other thinking my sister was the oldest. Heehee. At least that’s what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home