.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

2/04/2004

We Make Great Things Happen!

Since I’m in the transitional stage of my job right now, and I’m not yet familiar with the procedures of the new company I’m working for, it makes it difficult to get certain things done. Every company does things differently and I’m not quite sure how this company does anything other than the stupid new way I have to answer the phone when Customer Service doesn’t pick it up. I’m telling you, it’s lame and I now HATE to answer the phone because of what I now have to say. It’s quite embarrassing.

I called work this morning to let them know that I was running a few minutes late, when my boss answered. She too has to answer the phone this certain way, and when she said “the phrase” it threw me off and almost made me forget what I was calling for. Let’s just say, all of us are less than happy to answer the phones anymore. I used to enjoy answering the phones, now I’m dreading the phone ringing and anticipating 10 am, when Customer Service starts answering the phones.

I know that I hate calling a store or company and listening to their 10-second sales pitch when they answer the phone, when all I want to know is a general question like “What time do you close today”? Most people call the mall to find out General Questions such as phone numbers, mall hours, or if we have a certain store. I’m sure they could care less if we make great things happen. Of course, I try to have as much fun with it as I can, such as making my “speal” longer, or saying it with a lot of emphasis or sometimes, completely dull. I mean, how funny would it be to call a company and the customer service person answers the phone “Thank you for calling The Galleria where we make great things happen” in the most monotone voice you’ve ever heard?

So tell me, if you’ve ever had to answer the phones at your job, what did you have to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home