.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

2/03/2005

Agreeing to Disagree

Tomorrow will be me and David’s 5 month anniversary! What’s amazing to me is that we have hardly had any disagreements. And the disagreements that we’ve had were just un-heated discussions about our feelings and opinions. He didn’t get mad, I didn’t get mad, it was awesome! I just love how he doesn’t get easily frustrated or angry. He’s a go-with-the-flow kind of guy and even though he didn’t agree with me, he didn’t get mad about our difference of opinion.

This is how it’s supposed to be. If you have a difference of opinion, you have enough respect for your partner to not get mad, but to talk about your differences, share your views and opinions, and most importantly….NOT YELL AT YOUR PARTNER ABOUT IT! If you can’t come to some sort of agreement or compromise, then you agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Being able to do this takes a level of maturity that most people don’t have. I’m not saying that I’m the most mature person, because let me tell you, as soon as the other person starts raising their voice, I do it right back. I’m just saying that it’s nice to have someone in my life with such a calm demeanor, and can talk about things without getting upset. And this my friends, is one of the most important things for me to have in a relationship and one of the many reasons why I’m going to marry this guy!

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger peffel said...

Nothing ever comes out good when people are yelling or raining their voices at each other. Say your side of the point, then listen to theirs and make a rational decision or a comprimise and move on to the next subject!

P.S. it is good that you found someone like Dave.

Jeff XOXO

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home