.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

2/24/2005

V-DAY RECAP

David and I had a great Valentine’s Day together. We celebrated on the Friday before Valentine’s Day because it would have been to hard to get together on the actual day.

I met him at his place and we exchanged our gifts. I was planning on waiting, but he’s like a little kid at Christmas! I got him a gift set of Kenneth Cole Black, a nice card, and a Valentine’s Day teddy bear. He gave me a hot pink heart shaped vase, a card, some Love Altoids, and something that I’ve been wanting for a long time, a sterling silver lock necklace from my favorite jewelry store… Tiffany’s! He had ordered Sushi, so we went and picked it up and brought it back to his place, lit candles and opened a bottle of wine that I’ve been saving from Christmas.

We had a romantic night of Sushi, Wine and great lovemaking. He is truly perfect in my eyes. It’s not the gifts or anything else that makes me feel special. It’s the little things he does that makes my heart pound. I catch him staring at me smiling when we’re watching TV, or when he’s holding me; he gives me kisses on the top of my head. He’s also very playful, and we have the best tickle fights. Those are the moments that I love the most.

We’ve talked about me & the kids moving in, and I won’t do it until I get a ring on my finger. I was hoping that I would get that ring on V-Day or our 6 month anniversary which is coming up on March 4, but because he’s in the process of buying a condo, and is in escrow, that won’t be happening until escrow closes.

I also won’t move until the kids finish their school year. My daughter will be graduating 6th grade, and they have a formal dance and graduation ceremony, which she can’t miss. Anyways, that gives me more time to get to know David better and see if there are any issues that may develop between us, since there hasn’t been one single fight yet. Just a discussion about something I don’t even remember other than it was about nothing bad. He never raised his voice at me, I could just tell he was upset. He is so mild tempered and easy going, that it would take a lot to get him really upset.
My kids know that I’m planning on moving in with David after we get engaged and they finish their school year. I’ve talked to them about how they are going to have to change schools and get new friends and I know it’s not going to be easy, because it’s not going to be easy for me either. I’m going to have to find a new job and make new friends too. But I know I’ll be happy for the rest of my life with David. The kids will eventually adjust. I went through it when I was 15, so I understand how they would feel. It really sucked. All I can do is be there for them.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger peffel said...

Don't forget to envite all your friend to your wedding I hope this will be a long and happy life together for both of you.

XOXO
Jeff

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Kiran said...

hey no updates in ur blog... waiting for some good news though.. dear..

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you have an interesting blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a tiffany jewelry site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-) I am new to blogging. Leave me some feedback.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home