.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

6/20/2005

ONE BUSY WEEKEND

One of my best friends is getting married next month. Saturday was her bridal shower. Now, her family doesn’t throw your ordinary bridal shower, her shower was more like a bachelorette party, complete with a stripper, alcohol, penis straws and a “Drop the Weenie into the Bottle” game. (Which I tied with another girl).

Since her shower was near the LAX Airport (2 hours from where I live), I stayed the night with Jenill and her fiancé at her mom’s house that night. We drank more and hung out in the Jacuzzi for a couple of hours. I quit drinking early on, and started dowing water. I could not be hung over the next day because I had to move my kids out of my parent’s house on Sunday.

I arrived at Mom & Dad’s around 11 and worked my ass off throwing away broken toys, picking up their room and doing laundry. My parents were so nice that they sprung on me at 5 pm that my grandpa would be staying in my room this week, so I needed to get it ready for him, knowing I had plans of trying to leave at 6 pm! Needless to say, I was very pissed off about that. Why didn’t they tell me earlier?

David came over around 5:30 with D.J. We had dinner and loaded up the kids dressers and mattresses onto the trailer. David drove D.J. back to Orange County and the kids and I went home to Oceanside. We got home around 9:30, unloaded my car, then I had my daughter make their lunches for Day Camp (which started today), while David and I got the kids bed in and made. We finally got to bed around 11:30 and I was exhausted.

This morning, the kids started their Summer Day Camp. My daughter is in a dance class and my son is in Multi-Sports. They were both very excited about their camps and hopefully, there will be some girls my daughter’s age in her camp, because when I dropped her off, most of the girls were a few years younger.

I then took my son to his Day Camp, which was at a totally different location. I think I was more nervous than he was! There were a TON of kids and they just kind of threw him in there. I asked what he needed to do with his lunch, and they said just put the lunch on the table and he can go out on the field. In my head I’m screaming “OUT ON THE FIELD, HE DOESN’T KNOW ANYBODY, IT WOULD BE NICE IF HE HAD SOME GUIDANCE”! So that’s exactly what my son did, he put his lunch on the table and within 30 seconds, he was out on the field playing with a group of boys.

I’m pretty distracted today, thinking about how the kids are doing and what they are doing and if they are having fun (which I’m sure they are). I’m worried if other kids are being nice to my son (I’m sure they are). I can’t wait to see them tonight to find out how their day went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home