.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

6/23/2005

THE RELPACEMENT

Today, I think I finally got a taste of what The Other April must be feeling. I was hired as her replacement from her last job. On Monday I was officially “replaced” at my old job. The place where I spent the last 4 ½ years of my life. The place where I’ve made friends and have established relationships. The place that I loved working at, because of the friends and relationship that I made over the years. Hell, I worked there longer than I was in High School! Two of my best friends are from my last job.

Jenill (who is one of my best friends from my last job) emailed me today and told me that she’s already corrupting the new girl (my replacement), by taking her shopping with her during work hours. I have to say that I feel extremely jealous. Not only does the new girl have my old job, she’s getting paid more than I did (although I make more money than her now), she has the job title that I was passed over for, she gets my old desk, my computer, etc. but on top of EVERYTHING else, she gets to go shopping with Jenill. Now mind you, shopping during business hours was a totally normal, everything occurrence for Jenill and I, considering we did work in mall management.

I emailed Jenill and expressed my utter jealousy, along with the fact that I’m sure they will get their nails done together and how much that’s going to hurt. Especially now I don’t have anybody to get my nails done with, considering I work with all men. She replied and said she’ll probably take her to Costco with her too! I feel so betrayed!

This is exactly how The Other April must feel. I’ve taken over her position, and now I get to go to lunch with the boys most days. Not to rub it in, but I get avocados from RR and I get speakers from JP, etc. I really can’t complain because they are good to me here, it’s just not the same though. I really miss my former co-workers. Especially now that I’ve been replaced.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger EB72 said...

Awwww... maybe us two "replaced" gals should go shopping together? Especially since our "new" salaries are so much higher than our previous salaries!!!!!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger EB72 said...

PS ... I'm sure you could talk one of the guys into going to the nail salon with you... Ask BB - he's such a metro!! hahahahah

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger The Dating Doctor said...

Thanks for your blog! It is a great outlet from a long day at work!

Keep spreading the good word!!!

-- Kara

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home