.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

6/15/2005

Stressin’ Out

I’m usually not a huge stress case. At least I don’t think I am. Others who know me may say otherwise, but when I compare myself to others whom I would consider to be one big stress case, I definitely would say, I’m not one of them.

I’m not saying I don’t stress out. But I do worry about things that are important to me. Such as my kids moving to Oceanside. This is a very stressful thing not only for me, but for them as well. However, moving my kids to a completely different city takes a ton of work, planning and organizing. Not only do I know have to worry about child care and the expenses I incur with that, I also have to worry about enrolling them into school and finding all the paperwork I need and the shot records.

Enrolling them into the Summer Day Camp program had me in tears. I didn’t realize it takes up to two weeks to get notified if I qualify for financial aid. I was hoping that I did, but you never know, because in some instances, I would definitely make too much money. But I guess, being a single mom and living where I do know, I don’t make shit.

I applied one week prior to the kids beginning Summer Day Camp, since I knew there would be costs involved, and I just got paid the prior Friday. I was told the wait would be approx. 3 weeks. I almost started crying right then and there! If it took 3 weeks for me to get financial aid, it would be another 3 weeks before they came to live with me and I already miss them tremendously!

I went to the Membership Counselor to get an application and I explained to her that I’m without my kids until I can get day care, however I can’t afford the fees and the membership dues. The cheapest Day Camp is $164 per week, per kid with a membership, otherwise it’s another $40 without the membership and times that by two, holy smokes, half my check would be going to child care! The girl turned out to be a god send. She gave me the application and told me if I come in the morning and speak personally with the Membership Coordinator, she may be able to take care of it in a few days, rather than a few weeks.

I had to be at work by 8, so I thought I would leave early and speak with her. Chaos was happening in the office, and I was the only one here at 3:30, and I needed to be there by 4. I emailed the Membership Coordinator and explained my situation and asked if I could PDF all the documents and email them to her. Luckily she emailed me right back and said that would be fine. Within minutes I had the approval letter back from her stating that I will receive ½ tuition and membership dues. Hallelujah! She made my day. So right after work, I enrolled my kids into Summer Camp and they will be moving in with me and David on Sunday night!

2 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger stinkerbelle said...

Yeah - you finally posted. I'm glad things are going well for you.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger peffel said...

It is so good to have you back. I am so happy for you and David , even though he has the same name as my a$$ of a brother. You so deserve this. Plus now you are just 15 minutes south of me. Just remember every thing happens for a reason. You have had your hardships in life and now it is time for some BLISS !!!

Love Ya Sweetheart
Jeff
MUAH !!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home