.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

7/21/2005

5 CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

By request of The OC Girl

I was a horrible child and did tons of bad stuff. My parents provided my sister and I with very little supervision and free reign of the neighborhood at a pretty young age (something like 9 or 10). I’ll start with the “good” memories and gradually go to the bad.

Hawaii! At age 12, we went on a family vacation with my grandparents and my older cousin (who was a bad influence). We came back with tons of silly expressions that we made up on the road to Hanna, in which we still use today.

Damn Near County. This was a band that my parents managed. They practiced in our garage and most of them were smokers and left cigarette butts outside the garage. I used to smoke them.

The Playhouse. We had a big red playhouse in our back yard. I used to light fires in the playhouse. I was quite a little arson. Once I light a fire that almost got out of control. I don’t remember exactly what chemicals I was burning, but I do remember that when I poured water on the fire, it flared up so high that it wrapped around the ceiling. Luckily, (and I’m not sure exactly how) I was able to put it out.

TP-ing the house across the street. We lived in a cul-de-sac. I had some friends over spending the night. Someone got the bright idea of toilet papering the house right across the street from us. We didn’t hold back. We used all the classic TP-ing tricks we could think of, and came up with some new ones such as pouring ketchup on a maxi pad and sticking it to the window of their car. We got caught, and I was grounded forever.

Vandalizing the Church at the end of the cul-de-sac. We would break into the Church (which was also a nursery school), using butter knives. We threw confetti all over the chapel, stole boxes of Ding Dongs from the nursery, got up on the roof, threw pickles at each other (the pickles ended up everywhere) etc.

I was such a bad kid. It was the neighborhood kids that showed us how to brake into the Church.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger ocg said...

Excellent stories!

I love them!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

I think I'd ranking arson as worse than TP'ing. But you DID say that you put out the fire...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home