.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

7/02/2005

I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David proposed last nite.

Of course I said yes. In fact, it may of been an "of course". All I know I was happy as hell and crying. This is how it happened:

He called me yesterday at work and said he wanted to have a romantic dinner at home. He'll go get some sushi, light some candles, and spoil me. Then he added that he wanted to record the evening and that he needed to find the tripod. Of course I was thinking he wanted to record us having monkey love in the kitchen or something. He actually sounded kind of hurt that I would think that's what he was up to. He explained that he wanted to have this night recorded so we could look back on it in 10 years and see how much we were in love and see how we looked. That it would be special.

I left work early yesterday and came home, kissed David then went to the gym and worked out for about 45 minutes. I came back home and took a bath to start getting ready for our romantic evening. While I was in the bath, my birth control patch came off. I just put it on Wednesday. I still had 5 days to wear it! I called the Pharmacy and they got an "emergency" patch ready for me to pick up.

Meanwhile, David is freaking out because he couldn't find the charger for the camcorder, or the tripod. I told him not to worry about it, we'll tape another romantic dinner another night. He said "NO, WE NEED TO RECORD TONIGHT, AND I'M NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER"! Ok then hunny, you keep looking for the charger, I'm going to go pick up my patch and then get the sushi. This gave him time to get everything set up.

I knew something was up. I called my sister and then called Jenill and told them both that I suspected that David was going to propose tonight because of how obsessed he was about the camcorder battery. I then added that I hope I didn't just jinx myself and get my hopes up for no reason. I promised to call as soon as it happened. If I don't call, then nothing happened.

When I got home, David poured me some wine, set out the sushi, and then as we were beginning to eat, he started recording. Luckily we had 10 minutes of battery time, so David had to act quick! He took one bite then excused himself to the restroom. He came back and said "Hunny, can I have a hug". I said "Of course you can have a hug". After the hug, he got down on his knee, pulled out the ring and said "Will you marry me".

I immediately began crying in happiness and he was like "We're recording and you haven't answered me yet". I don't remember if I said "Yes!" or "Of course I'll Marry you!" In my excitement, I grabbed the ring and put it on my finger. HOLY SMOKES the ring is BEAUTIFUL! 1kt solitaire princess cut. The thing sparkles like crazy.

Shortly after we finished our dinner, our neighbors from downstairs came up because they wanted to show off the new truck they just bought. Well, I had a better surprise to show them. So we went out for drinks in their new truck to celebrate our engagement. I'm the luckiest and happiest girl in the whole world. I can now say that because of David and the kids, my life is complete. I don't need anything else.

We are planning to get married Labor Day weekend of next year.

I'll be posting pictures of my ring very shortly.

5 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger stinkerbelle said...

Congratulations! Post that photo pronto.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger EB72 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
I just knew that would be your news when I heard your message. ;-)

I am so so so very happy for you!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger nin said...

CONGRATULATIONS...............
WISH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE........
ENJOY............
dont forget to post ........how you have enjoyed your honeymoon....

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Wombat & Aspen said...

Congratulations!

-Midwest

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Congratulations! Much more romantic than when I proposed to my wife (although I *did* get down on one knee).

Your blog has been a happy blog for the last few months. Wishing you the best.

-OE

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home