.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

7/22/2005

READY FOR THE WEEKEND

We’re leaving tonight to go to my hometown where I was born and raised….. Bakersfield, California. I know it’s nothing to brag about, but I have no control on where I was born. This will be David’s first time accompanying me to Bakersfield, so it will be a definite experience for him, especially if he meets my drunk aunt. I’ve already warned him about her, and made it loud and clear that in no way, shape or form does her comments or actions reflect upon me. She tends to get a bit out of control and comes up with off the wall shit.

It’s a sentimental trip for me, because every July, up until 2003, my whole family got together at my grandparents house to celebrate my Grandma, Aunt and Dad’s birthday. Their birthdays were one right after the other, so it was always a good excuse to get together. My Grandma passed on June 9, 2003. I can’t remember if we got together in July of that year or not. But I know we missed last year.

My other Aunt, who I totally adore sent this email today in remembrance of my Grandma:

Mom lives on in our hearts and minds - we know that. Isn't this an awesome picture, not because of the beautiful women in it, but because of Mom's sewing machine being used? Amanda made a skirt for her sister, Lisa, on her Grandma's sewing machine - how awesome is that?

My prayer this morning was that the Lord would wrap His loving arms around Mom on her birthday, smothering her with His love - for I know she is with Him. That gives me great comfort and I hope it does for you, too. Mom lives on and is still blessing us.

I love you all so much and I can't wait to see you this weekend.

Love,
Aunt K.


Ok I need to stop crying. I’m at work. But I do miss my Grandma very much. I can picture her sitting at the table next to the window watching the birds eat the food she put out for them that morning, while working on her Crossword puzzle. I really wish David and DJ got to meet her, she was such a special person in my life.

8 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sass said...

She'll be there with you this weekend. Have a great time.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger EB72 said...

David and DJ can meet her through you ... we keep the memories of GrandmaMommy (my mother) alive for my nephew.

Your post has me in tears too.

Is Aunt K. the really cool aunt I met at your birthday party? When I grow up, I want to be just like her. :-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger guest said...

I like what Sass wrote. She will be there with you this weekend girl. If she’s in your heart and memory she will still be there; looking down from heaven and rocking in her favorite chair with God at her side. Have a good time sweetie.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger afp763389 said...

:)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger midwest_hick said...

Have a great weekend!!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger mal said...

We lost our Mom this winter, somehow family gatherings just feel a little incomplete.

Bakersfield? you are from Bakerfield? Way cool! I lived there for a few years when I worked in the oil patch. Some folks say I am weird but I liked it there. It was the first house we owned together near Ming and Ash. Both of our daughters were born there too

A happy place for us *S*

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger cc Infopage said...

.

Games & PC Games News - Oct. 16, 2005


Is the PC game market? (Dallas Morning News)
The last few years have not been all fun and games for computer game fans, but that might be changing. As attention has shifted to sophisticated video game consoles such as the Xbox and PlayStation 2, PC gamers have watched their preferred platform wither.

Xbox 360's New Media Play Finding Fans (eWeek)
Consumers were impressed by the expanded multimedia features of Microsoft's upcoming Xbox 360 at the Digital Life conference, while gamers were excited to begin using the devices to access other types of services.

NewTek Releases Fifth Free Feature Update for LightWave 3D (Digital WebCast)
NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the release of the fifth free update and the 64-bit port for Emmy award-winning LightWave 3D . Version 8.5 offers hardware support of OpenGL 2.0, the new Multishift tool with editable history, Photoshop -style texture blending modes, improved dynamics, and easier integration of third-party file formats.

Free Anonymous Proxies

Infopage.cc: 30,000 updated Free Information Pages



Have a nice day,

jeepee

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home