.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/24/2005

BIG DAY TOMORROW

Tomorrow is my daughters 12th birthday, and I couldn't be feeling any older about it. Not only is she turning 12 tomorrow, she's also entering the 7th grade! I'll post more about her tomorrow, complete with pictures.....

I also have an interview tomorrow with a company that is basically trying to recruit me. David's friend Stephanie works for this company, and has been talking about me to her co-workers and boss, and thinks that I'd fit in perfectly with their company. Well, after meeting her co-workers at the Del Mar Races, they all apparently agreed. The races was on a Thursday, and one of the girls told the boss about me the next day. So he's hearing all kinds of great stuff about me and called me yesterday morning to schedule a time and place for us to meet. We decided to meet tomorrow at 8 am at a Starbucks half way between my office and his.

The job would be a Project Coordinator and I'd be a liazon between customers, the sales team, manufacturer, and deliveries. It sounds like a great job and I'd have to find out if I'd get my own office. I've always wanted my own office. I know that I'd love working there, and all the girls that I've met were great. The only downfall is, it's another 20 miles south from where I'm working right now. Which means approximately 35 miles from home, which means more traffic to deal with. I doubt I'd have the flexabliity that I have at this job.

The upside it, more money (which will ultimately go towards gas and car repairs), working with actual people on a more consistant basis, and I'm sure I'd like the job a lot more than what I'm doing right now.

What I hate, is leaving the guys here stranded. It took corporate foever to hire me, and I'm sure it will take them even longer to find my replacement. Anybody want a job in Escondido?

5 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger EB72 said...

Oh, you HAVE to find them another April!!! hhahahahahahah

Yea, don't blame you for getting out of there. Leaving the guys was my biggest regret too (but having an office again is so so very lovely). Hey, we'll look at the bright side - it got you in an area closer to your man and making more money. Once you're in the higher $$$'s, it's easier to to ask for the even more!

Good Luck tomorrow and Happy Birthday to your *little* girl.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger mal said...

Good Luck tomorrow! I am sure you will WOW em

Regarding Escondido, can I commute from Minneapolis? I love San Diego County

7th grade? way cool! it was fun watching my daughters as they transitioned to new schools (6th grade here) They were always so buzzed up about it

BTW, always room for 1 more comment *G*

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Wombat & Aspen said...

Always go for the $$$, sista - your time is worth as much as you can get for it.
:) MW
www.kissnblog.com

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous julie said...

omg i want your job! my dream is to move to california. since forever. i have been waiting sooo long! i'm an admin. assistant..i think thats what u do right?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger ocg said...

You deserve it, April. Good Luck!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home