.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/11/2005

DAY AT THE RACES


I’m leaving work early today to meet up with David at the Del Mar Race Track. He’s having some sort of networking event there, and I get to go!

Last night, he mentioned that we can’t be our “normal” selves at this event, so there will be no kissing or hand-holding. Now, the kissing I can understand, but he can’t hold my hand!? WHAT???? I have to admit, this really hurt my feelings. Probably a lot more than it should have, considering it’s “that time of the month” and I’m 100,000 times more emotional and sensitive than I am normally. So I sulked for about 2 hours. I literally, got up from my nice cozy spot right next to him, and went on the other end of the couch and crossed my legs, put a pillow over them, and pouted. My heart was throbbing, and breaking. He then explained that this was a business event with Corporate America, and nobody who brings their spouses, shows any kind of affection towards them. That’s just how it works.

After I put the kids to bed, I came back and sulked some more, while David began to work on his proposals. After Rock Star, I went and did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen, then got ready for bed. I swallowed my pride to come out and give him a kiss good night. He then said “Do you want to talk about this, because I’m really upset about the situation.?” Well, so was I. I felt as though he was embarrassed of me that he couldn’t even hold my hand! I wasn’t asking him to bend me over the table, pull up my skirt and fuck me in front of everyone!

He told me that he just wanted to give me the heads up before the event, so I knew how things were going to be, so I wouldn’t get upset AT the event. It’s not that he doesn’t love me or is embarrassed to be with me, but it’s going to be business, and he knows that I’ll be fine if I’m not by his side every second. He wants me to go because he knows that I’ll have a good time and meet some people that might be able to help me out with my career, if I wanted to get back into property management. Then he said “ And just think how sexy it would be to look at each other from the other side of the room, and make that moment of eye contact”.

How can I stay mad at that? So I sucked it up, and explained that I was just hurt because that’s not US. We’ve NEVER not been affectionate to each other, so it was kind of a blow, besides the fact that I’m extra sensitive right now, so it doesn’t take much to hurt my feelings. I’ve been to plenty of networking events, so I should have understood from the beginning.

Sometimes I’m my own worst enemy.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger The Husband said...

hey, nice blog! by the way, you are extremely attractive. cheers!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger The Husband said...

just think about how much fun you two will have when you get home! anticipation can be a good thing.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Alice said...

this is totally a way that i'm the boy in relationships. not to say i don't get mad at my bf... but it's almost never for what guys like to dub "emotional girl reasons" ;-P

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home