.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/04/2005

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GUYS AND GIRLS

I wasn't going to post this, but like I say... Fuck it! I couldn't think of anything else to write about.

David came home last night, after spending the day at his corporate office in OC. We were laying in bed talking about his day, when he tells me this story about how some of his co-workers asked about us and if we were planning on getting married. His response "It's headed that way".

Me: "What??????? It's headed that way"

David: "Well, I haven't had a chance to tell some people and I didn't want them hearing it from these guys".

Me: "Why haven't you told them yet?"

David: "I haven't had a chance".

Me: "It's been a MONTH. I was so excited I called everybody within minutes, then sent out an email to everyone else the next day!"

David: "I've been meaning to send out an email, but I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance".

At this point, I have tears in my eyes and I'm pretty hurt and he's feeling like an ass. He had also told me that his sister, who works for the same company, had told everyone, so chances are, the people he had lunch with already knew, and wanted to hear it from him, in which he didn't come through.

Me: "Well, you just made me and yourself look stupid, as if you were too embarrassed to admit you got engaged. They probably had already heard about it around the office".

David: "I'll go send out an email right now, because now I feel like a dick and all I want is to make you happy".

So that's exactly what he did. He sent out an email right then and there to all of this co-workers and networking group. Of course I felt better, but I also felt that if he was as excited about it as I was, then he would have taken care of it already. I guess that's the difference between guys and girls.

5 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger mal said...

*L*,,,,I just don't think guys get quite as excited about it until they get slapped around a bit

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger EB72 said...

Honey, he cares about YOU, not all them other people! ;-)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

I know he cares about me, but I was so excited I couldn't wait to tell everyone and by him taking his time, it was almost like he was embarassed. He didn't even tell his parents until a week ago.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger midwest_hick said...

We're guys....simplistic....and stupid at times....I'm sure he loves ya.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home