.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/30/2005

A FATHERS WORST NIGHTMARE

David and I were sitting in the living room with my parents on Saturday night. My Dad had a few glasses of wine already, and when he drinks wine, he gets very chatty and likes to crack jokes. I don't know how it came up, but he said out of the blue, "I'm going to read that poem April wrote at your wedding."

As you can imagine, my face instantly turned red and I wanted to crawl in a hole and hide. My computer is at their house and I was having my dad fix it, and I guess curiosity got the best of him when he saw the title of the poem, and read it!

5 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger EB72 said...

Wow.
Yeah.
I'd crawl in a hole too if my Dad read about me getting some (which is why I don't say much about it very often - except maybe about NOT getting some - on my Blog. He has the address even if I doubt he reads ...)

hee hee
You're so funny and cute April. I just love you!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger appsdshell said...

Just to clarify, it was saved as a word document on my computer. He didn't find my blog, thank GOD!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger mal said...

*G*,,,way cool, one advantage of being an old broad, my Dad is not sure how to fire the computer let alone look at any one elses. He is waiting for me to fix his water softener when I come out in September *L*

neat poem *S*

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I would have DIED!! Luckily, we have a tech guy to fix our computers and he won't be at my wedding. Also, I'm a horrible poet.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Alice said...

PLEASE PLEASE tell me you wrote that to GIVE HIM at your wedding?? not to read there?!? :-)

i LOVE the poem. it's phenomenal! so cute :-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home