.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/29/2005

FIRST DAY

Today was the first day back to school. The kids were excited and nervous at the same time. I think I may have been more nervous about my daughter beginning Middle School. Part of me was sad because Middle School is the beginning of the corruption from her innocence. This is where most kids start on the path of rebellion and doing stuff behind their parents back. I know this because I was one of them. This is the end of my little girl being my little girl and her path to teenagerhood. Tears ran down my face as I was thinking this driving her to school this morning and thinking how cute she looked, and how she still looks and acts like a little girl.

I was also scared because this is the first time she's going from class to class, instead of being in the same class with the same kids all day long. And who's she going to eat lunch with? I know the feeling of being the new kid in school and not having friends to eat lunch with. It sucks. Which is probabally why I don't like eating lunch by myself.

A few weeks ago, we were at the pool and one of my neighbors was there with their little girl who plays with my son. My neighbor was laughing because my son came knocking on their door wearing his pirate halloween costume from last year. I was laughing too because it's cute, and also because I feel if that's what he wants to wear to play outside in, fine by me. Keep them kids as long as possible, your childhood goes by too fast.

Anyways... I can't wait to see them tonight and hear about how their day was and how they like (or don't like) their new schools. I'm just dreading on Bre coming home crying saying that she hates it and doesn't want to go back. That is my worst fear.

Here's Bre at her new school. Remember we live by the beach, and you can literally see the ocean down the street from her school. Doesn't she look cute?




















My son's school is about 4 miles more inland and by the time I got him to school, the sun had come out. Here he is by his new classroom.

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger mal said...

cute kids *S*....there are days (OK, LOTS of days) when I miss my little girls. I think start of school, halloween and christmas is when it really hits home that they are young women now....*small sob*

As long as you keep the compass of your own behaviours and support out there for your daughter, she will do fine *S*....caring and involvement seem to be everything

great post, TY...

BTW, regarding your previous blog, we are all just insanely jealous!!! *L*

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger EB72 said...

You are such a good Mom!!!
:-)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

I wish I had kids. Can I have one of yours? Come on, you know you like one more than the other anyway . . .

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home