.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/17/2005

GOING FROM PART-TIME TO FULL-TIME

This will be the first year that my kids will be going to a different school. I just registered my son today and will register my daughter tomorrow or Friday. My daughter has gone to the same school since Kindergarten and this year she will begin 7th grade. She’s going to be 12 on the 25th of this month. How time flys. I can’t believe I’m going to have a 12 year old!

My mom hasn’t worked for about 16 or 17 years, and since the kids school was right around the corner from my parents house, my mom has always taken care of the kids after school and she would make sure they did their homework, and have time to play with their friends before I picked them up. Being a single mom for the past 4 years, this has been a great arrangement for me.

Not only is this the first year my kids won’t be going to their own school, it’ll also be the first year that I’m completely responsible for making sure their homework gets done. It’s actually quite scary for me, because I’m going to have to step up to the plate and be more on top of things, instead of going home, cooking dinner, cleaning up and watching TV for a little bit before getting them ready for bed. Life is definitely going to be much more hectic. Then on top of everything else, I’m going to enroll my son into some sort of sports program, and my daughter into dance. I HAVE to get my son into sports this year. He is so athletic, it would be a waste not to get him involved.

So I guess that I’m scared that I’m going to fail, because I’m used to being a part-time parent. Not that I’m not excited about having the kids full time, I just want them to do good, and they won’t do good if I forget to check their homework, or even make them do it. The after school programs that I’m enrolling them in, is supposed to have the kids do their homework after school, but it will ultimately be my responsibility to make sure it got done correctly.

I know I’ll have David there to help and support me, but that’s very limited, because of the amount of work he has to do in the evenings. My heart goes out to him, because his company is going through growing pains and he’s not getting the support he needs. He’s selling the shit out of his products, and just sold a HUGE system to the City of San Diego. As it is now, installation is 8 to 10 weeks out, with rushes on EVERY SINGLE security system he’s sold. He was planning on spending the day yesterday doing paperwork, but had to help his installer (who just started a few weeks ago), install a system, because there were parts that were to heavy to lift by himself. Then today and tomorrow, David has to go to training at his corporate office in The OC. There’s 3 days lost for which he can’t do his paper work, and they are calling him asking why it’s not done yet. I swear, I feel like calling them and telling them to get David some more help because he can’t do the job of 4 people by himself. The poor guy is stressed out and wearing down, and if it keeps going this way, they are going to lose him, because he’s already been scouted by other companies who would love to recruit him. Plus, if they got him more help, then he’d have more time for me ;-) not that he doesn’t make time.

Last night, I put dinner in the oven, took a shower, got out one of my sexy little numbers, that is completely sheer, lit some candles and put on some romantic music. I knew he had a rough day, so I wanted him to come home to something special.

7 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger ocg said...

You have a lot on your plate darling... take a deep breath and know that it will all be fine.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger allison said...

nice of you to have a romantic dinner for him :-) Sounds like he needed that.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Well, somebody got lucky.

Way to keep it fresh!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger mal said...

With the kids? All that you can do is keep working at it. That is HUGE!!! All parents are amateurs at it until the kids are grown *S*...

Believe me from our own experience and the word from my in laws (bunch of teachers) being engaged with the kids will make all the difference.

Regarding dinner with Dave,,,...MMMMMM, I might try following your example *S*

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Alice said...

i have to do fun things like that for my bf every so often, because i am LAME the rest of the time! give me a glass of wine and put me in front of a movie after dinner... and i'm out for the night. oops.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

What a great way to let him know you care about him.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

He can't do the job of 4 people by himself? Sheesh, what a wimp!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home