.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/02/2005

I’M REALLY GOING TO DO IT…..

I hope.

It’s time.

I’ve gained quite a bit of weight in the past couple years. Ok, I take that back. I’ve gained and lost and gained quite a bit of weight in the past couple years and it’s time for me to take it off. I figured, that I better start now before It gets out of control.

I think that’s the problem with people who are overweight, is that they don’t do something about it soon enough, and next thing you know, they are 40 or more lbs over weight and if they has done something about it sooner, they wouldn’t be in this mess.

I’m doing this for me first and also for David. I know he thinks I’m beautiful, but frankly, we’re going to the river for our 1 year anniversary, with his friends, and I want to be comfortable in a bikini.

My goal:

To lose 8 lbs in one month.

I know exactly what some of you are thinking…I look fine, I don’t need to lose any weight. Well the fact of the matter is…. I am technically over weight by about 10 lbs. For my height, and bone structure, my ideal weight should be between 104 and 115 lbs. I am (from what my scale says) 127. There, I said it…. I told the entire world my weight without lying. My BMI is 24.8.

Here’s my plan, because we all need a plan to lose weight. I think it’s impossible to do it without a plan.

Food:
Eat between 1200 – 1500 calories per day.
Decrease the amount of starches in my diet.
Eat more fruit and veggies, protein and whole grains.
No more 3 o’clock candy bars. (Which is hard since the “Sneak-A-Snack” is so readily available).

Exercise:
Exercise 4 – 5 days a week.
10 minutes of stretching
30 – 40 minutes of cardio
20 minutes of weight training.

Hopefully this plan will be enough to be at my target weight of 119 by September 1st. I know it’s going to be hard and I’m going to need to keep motivated. But I figured it the people on Celebrity Fit Club could do it and lose 4 – 8 lbs in one week, then I can surely lose 2 lbs per week. Right?


9 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous mikey said...

8 lbs in a month? no problem - that's "only" 2 lbs a week, which is a pretty "normal" rate of loss (Sleb Fit Club is a fantasy world, since they have people training them every day, cooking for them every day, and they don't have to deal with the everyday stress of work... so yeah, they're gonna lose more, faster)

another thing you might wanna consider (you didn't have it listed) - make sure you drink plenty of water. oh, and instead of a 3 o'clock candy bar, how about a 3 o'clock bag o' carrots/celery?

heh. i'm not normally this "preachy." but hey, weight loss is serious business, and i'll support anyone who wants it.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

Thanks Mike! I agree that I should drink lots and lots of water. And about the carrots/celery or whatever vegie I might feel like crunching on.

I just took a multi vitamin after eating an apple and it almost made me throw up. I'm serious! So I quickly made half of a peanutbutter sandwich (on whole wheat), no jelly, and scarfed it down. This is why I hate taking vitamins, if I don't have enough food in my stomach, I get sick.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Alice said...

good for you for making a plan! you should post your progress here so you'll be held more accountable, and feel forced to follow your own steps :-) the ixnay on the 3oclock candy bar will probably help a lot... those add up sooo fast :-) when i'm trying to watch what i eat i make sure to stock my desk with lots of things it's OK to munch on, since that prevents me from going out to lunch, picking up a snack in the afternoon, getting breakfast at starbucks... it's so easy to eat crap that way.

how did you figure out your BMI?

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

I found my BMI on some website that calculates your height and weight then gives you your BMI. Just do a search for BMI, you should be able to find a calculator.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger ocg said...

How'd you get my picture in your blog???

hahahahaha

I too, have been experiencing a lack of desire to strap on those running shoes in the last couple of days...

If you can do it, so can I...

Thanks for some more motivation!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger mal said...

10 lbs over? think I am coming over to bitch slap you around a bit! *L*...You make a GREAT observation about it getting way out of control though. I am 5'11" and had drifted all the way up to 240, OUCH! back under 200 but still have another 30 to go.

What really helped me was dropping the amount of sugar from my diet. I am dumbfounded by how many things have it added. When I really started getting the sugar under control the appetite (munchies) eased up a lot

Good luck! I am sure you will knock them dead at Parker (or wherever)

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's never going to happen.

Needs to, though.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger midwest_hick said...

Well....I'm probably in the group that thinks ya look fine....but good luck...ya gotta do what makes ya happy.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger introspectre said...

127? *blinks* I remember 127. That was a long time ago....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home