.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/18/2005

OUT OF CONTROL

David gave me $200 to go grocery shopping with. I spend $273! I was a little out of control. I didn’t go to the gym last night, because after spending an hour and a half at the grocery store, and unloading my car, which consisted of 20 trips up and down the stairs carrying grocery bags, I figured that was my workout for the night. Besides, I was exhausted by the time I got home. So I ate a kick ass salad with craisins, pecans and smoked salmon. OMG smoked salmon, is the bomb! I’ve never had it before, and now I’m pissed because I’ve gone all these years of going without the stuff!

I didn’t get home until around 8:45 last night. David was about 15 minutes behind me, and came home just in time to help me unload the last of the stuff. Yes it took me THAT long to get everything in the house. I practically bought out the store! Eating healthy is expensive!

Lesson learned (again): Never go to the grocery store hungry!

8 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger The Husband said...

what did you buy...and for how many people? $273 on groceries is a lot.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Alice said...

the worst is going to the grocery store AFTER the gym, because them i'm starving *and* feel justified to buy all sorts of crap i normally wouldn't because, hey! i just EXERCISED!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger ocg said...

I have just been told that I have gathered a reputation for over spending in the office. Great now my personal life is bleeding through into my professional one... dangit.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Online Dating Insider said...

What do you do with all those groceries?

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Smoked salmon is indeed the bomb! As the old commercial said "A sandwich isn't a sandwich without Mircal Whip", well a salad isn't a salad without smoked salmon!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger mal said...

I have been known to munch my way thru the supermarket. Not a pretty sight, chip bags and twinkie wrappers flying everywhere along with half empty milk jugs with no tops.

fair warning, if you value your life, NEVER go grocery shopping with me

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Is "craisins" a real thing or a typo?

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found a lot of useful info on your site about smoked salmon - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a smoked salmon blog myself if you'd like to stop by

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home