.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/15/2005

Q: WHAT DOES RACES, DEAD BEAT DAD, GUNS AND PAINT ALL HAVE IN COMMON?

A: THIS POST!

Since I haven’t blogged since Thursday, I guess I’ll start my life update back to when I went to David’s networking event at the Del Mar Race Track. All I really have to say about that is I’m so glad I went. I totally needed to get out and be social with other people. They were all so nice and most of the got the email David sent out announcing our engagement, so I got a ton of congratulations and got to show off my ring!

Networking and events like that is one of the many elements I miss about my last job. I loved, loved, loved getting out of the office early, going to a social event at a really cool place where a great meal is served along with cocktails! I may not be able to go to functions like that with this job, but at least I can do it with David.

Friday, David went up to his sisters in The OC and I went to the 909, and spent the night at my parent’s house. I was planning on dropping the kids off out there anyways, so this seemed like a perfect time since David was gone.

I later realized that this was a huge mistake, because I then let the kids go see their dad on Saturday night, and go to their nana’s on Sunday night. Well, I called to talk to the kids last night and they were spending another night. Fuckhead didn’t go to his mom’s house to get the kids any fresh clothes, since he doesn’t have anything at his house for them, so they wore the same clothes and underwear for two days straight! He tried to justify it saying that the kids had gone swimming, but in a mothers eyes that doesn’t matter. My daughter went over there in a dress. What did she sleep in? Don’t get me started, because I’m about to cry over this and of course beat myself up for giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would actually clothe the kids. I didn’t give the kids anything to bring over there, because I knew I’d never get the clothes back, and his mom only lives blocks away and the kids have a TON of clothes over there.

Anyways…

Saturday, after I dropped the kids off at their dad’s house, I drove to David’s sisters house in The OC, since he was having problems fixing his truck, and they were going to barbeque, and I didn’t have anything else to do.

We left their house at about 9 and got home around 10. On my way home to Oceanside, I was driving through Laguna Beach and text messaged The OC girl, saying “Driving through Laguna, waving”. She texted me back saying that she was in Newport getting wasted.

After we got home, David made us some cocktails, which made us both frisky. We had the best sex that night. It was awesome!!!! Plus, I didn’t get any Friday night, so I was extra horney.

Sunday, we went to see the movie “4 Brothers”. It was really good and I highly recommend it. We were walking out to our car after the movie, and noticed there were a swarm of cops in the parking lot, with their cars positioned in a circle as if they had someone boxed in. Then we noticed that the cops all had their guns drawn and a guy on the ground! A little excitement. We watched as we were walking to our car, then realized, our car may also be boxed in. Well, it wasn’t boxed in, but parked just 4 spaces down from the vehicle they had boxed in. Now I wasn’t really down with getting shot by a stray bullet, so I told David that maybe it would be best if we went back in the other way. As we started walking back, we noticed that they withdrew their guns and had the other guy in custody, so we carefully walked to our car and got in and got the hell out of there.

We came home and painted our dining room and I’m so happy the way the color came out. It looks awesome. I’m thinking I might want to bring it all the way into the kitchen, but David doesn’t want to. Maybe he’ll change his mind someday.

Now I’m off to call the kids and see where they are at and make sure they are with their nana and have had showers and have fresh clothes on. Fuckhead will be lucky to get the kids overnight for quite a while.

4 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger mal said...

other than dealing with F!@#head, it sounds like you had a great weekend!

Those drunken text messages had to be hilarious. Wish we had cell phones in my "party" days

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger midwest_hick said...

Wow....I've never had a lack of clothes problem with the kids....since my ex and I each raised one....we always made sure plenty of clothes were available for surprise or unexpected or extended visits.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

I have rarely legitimately wanted to hurt a particular group of people, but I make a strong exception to deadbeat dads. Beating the shit out of them will never get old.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Alice said...

that's terrible! not bothering enough to clothe his own kids? sheesh... at least, i suppose, he forgot to get them 2 days worth of clothes, instead of 2 days worth of food, or something. jackhole.

i adore drunk texting. i have a real doozy saved on my phone somewhere that i sent my drunk dial buddy one time...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home