.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

8/09/2005

WHAT'S THE POINT?

Can someone please tell me what the point is of sending junk emails that contain no content or link? I don’t get it.

I don’t normally open junk email, but sometimes I will accidentally click on one instead of hitting the check box to delete it. When the message is opened this is what I see:

Aidfha___________ p_ - -_ _ -_ierfhapierfgaprifha hfhfadh-_-_)(*&(*&*^%&^% ++===-_~ f ifhaofhoae

WTF is that????? Who would actually take the time to send out a mass email with crap like that? Are people really THAT bored?

On another note:

I’m going on day 5 of having nothing to do at work. I’ve done all the busy work I can conjure up. It sucks. I’ve begged the guys to give me something, but they have nothing. I was warned that there will be a slow period during summer, but I never imagined anything like this! I’m afraid that if I don’t have enough billable time on my time sheet this week, they’ll send me to Santa Fe Springs for a couple days. That would be hell. And honestly, I don’t think I can make it when I have my kids out here. It would be rough.

In other news: I worked out for over an hour last night. I stretched for 10 minutes, rode the bike for 40 minutes and did the weights for 20 minutes. Yeah for me!

12 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Eddo said...

Don't even get me started! People with computers love to do pointless things. People who create viruses just for the sake of wreaking havoc on innocent people, they get the biggest kick out of it. It is usually some high school kids doing it. Last summer there seemed to be tons of viruses going around and then school started back up and suddenly no more viruses. Gotta keep them little prats busy!

Oh, and I used PRAT becuase it is a Harry Potter word!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger EB72 said...

See what I meant? Summer is s-l-o-w.

Maybe you could work out during work hours? Or, go to the library, read books, go shopping, pay bills, write emails, take the car to the car wash, arrive late/leave early, talk on the phone, send me emails, write in your blog ... anything but have to go to SFS.

Don't worry. Come Fall, you'll be so swamped you won't know if you're coming or going and then they'll ship you to the desert and then you'll find another busier and way higher paying job ... isn't history supposed to repeat itself??

Anyway, sorry to hear you're not so busy. I know how hard it is when you have to beg for work. I have SO been in the same boat! (quite literally).

I'll send you an email to your yahoo account with a suggestion about how to work your billable hours.

EB72

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger EB72 said...

okay kiddo - check your email. hope that helps!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger ocg said...

I completely understand about the lack of things to fulfill ones day at work... email me anytime!

:)

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger introspectre said...

Mmm, I think it's a ploy to gain a legitimate e-mail address. Some of them have something that can tell if you clicked on it or not, thus confirming that your address is a real one. Then they sell your address. Don't click on it. They just send that crap out and make up names. Bastards.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger JODSTER said...

Can you somehow work billable hours out of your workouts?

Then you can be accomplishing two things!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger guest said...

And those nasty “forward to all your friends or terrible things will befall you” chain emails really get me worked up. Most of those are used simply to get a whole list of email addresses farmed out for more junk mail! If you ever get a forwarded chain email, do us all a favor and DO NOT forward it. Break the chain and help put spammers out of business. And for GOD SAKE DON’T BUY STUFF from spammed email.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

Now the fucking spammers are posting spam on my website. FUCK THEM they should all rot in hell!

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really good blog here! I will be checking it again.

Check mine easy cheesecake recipe if you get a chance.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger mal said...

Santa Fe Springs? OMG!!! a fate worse than death!!! way to go on your exercise! I am just sitting in a hotel room getting fat....nnnnuuuummmmmm *G*

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home