.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

9/12/2005

DON'T' CRY OVER SPILLED PUNCH

David picked up DJ on Friday, so it was a "kid weekend". My car stayed parked in the exact same spot all weekend, which is a good thing with gas prices at over $3.00 a gallon.

Since we had the kids this weekend, that meant that all the other kids in the neighborhood were over at our house to play which meant that when it came to lunch time, I had to feed them all.

Saturday, I made a lemon cake (Me and David's favorite), I invited all the kids over (there was only 5 total) to have some. I poured them all a glass of red punch (can you see where this is going?) and a generous piece of cake. Yesterday morning, David noticed a small red stain on the carpet. Let's just say that he wasn't very happy about it. Of course neither was I, but he was REALLY upset about it. More upset than I have ever seen him. The stain was set. We tried cleaning it with "Tuff Stuff" carpet cleaner, it helped very little. Then I got on the internet and found a website that suggested dish soap and water, but of course it was to be done as soon as the spill happened. The spill had already happened the day before.

Since David was so upset, I could tell he needed some "alone" time. He cleaned the bathroom to vent out his frustrations. (I just love it when he gets angry). I however, felt as though he partially blamed me, since I was the one who gave the kids the red punch in the house.

The reason why he was so upset is that we plan on selling the condo next year, and we are trying to keep the condo looking as new as possible, so that we don't have to invest any money into repairs before we sell. I know this is unrealistic having kids around, but we can try can't we?

After David cleaned the bathroom, he finally installed the water line to the fridge (that we bought in May) and then took DJ home. I called David around 8:30 to see if he was on his way home yet, and we talked about the stain some more and I told him that I felt as though he was blaming me for it and how bad I felt about it all day. He reassured me that he wasn't mad at me, he was just upset about the stain and that I am not to buy any more red punch. He knows that I was just trying to give the kids something else to drink since they go through the Capri Suns like crazy and waste about 1/2 of them. (Those things get expensive when you have 3+ kids around).

David got home and made sure to give me lots of attention and hugs and kisses. Then I told him he'd better show me how much he loves me in the bedroom ;-)

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger mal said...

OK...first is everything a reason to jump Davids bones? *L*

Second, try some peroxide and table salt. mix to the consistency of toothpaste and apply to the stain. I would try it on an out of site spot on the carpet first to make sure it does not damage the dye. Work it gently into the stain, allow it to dry and vacumn it up. You may need to repeat this step. Any white residue should come up with a wet cloth.

It does not always work, but does more often than not

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Is that the kind of shit married people fight over, or does it get even sillier after you're married? I don't know, but when people say they had a fight with their husband/wife, if they're talking about shit like stains on the carpet - I can totally handle that.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

Yes Mallory! Everything is a reason to jump his bones. And thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that tonight! I knew you'd have a salution for me ;-)

Armaedes: That's the kind of shit we fight about, only I really don't call it a fight because he wasn't really mad at ME, he was just mad at the situation.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger EB72 said...

jump.
bones.
good.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home