.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

9/14/2005

RE-BONDING AND A NEW BEGINNING

It is very important to me to make new friends out here, since all of my bestfriends are back home, it was pretty devistating to me to have that argument/misunderstanding with my neighbor a few weeks ago.

Last night, I was taking out the trash and smell fresh baked cookies. My neighbors window was open, so I thought maybe she was making them. I ran upstairs and told David "It smells like cookies outside, I wonder if it's the neighbors!"

I immediately called her and asked if it was her baking cookies. She said "No, I WISH! Who do you think is baking cookies?"

I guessed that maybe it was the lady who lives below me, who I don't know very well. Oh well.

With that said she then invited me over for a glass of wine. The other neighbor that I got in an almost fight with was over with her husband.

I was so happy that she invited me, because since the arguement I have to admit that I was feeling a little left out, since I've noticed that my coolest neighbor ever and the other neighbors have been doing things together and not inviting me. For example: they went to a club on Saturday, and I was a little upset that they didn't ask me to join them. The other day, I saw them walking to the gym together, and they both know that I workout, plus, my coolest neighbor ever and I used to workout together. My feelings were a little hurt about that one too.

As you can imagine, I was happy to get the invite to join them for a glass of wine. Plus, earlier I was thinking how I'd love a glass of Pinot Grigio and all I had in the house was Chardonay and Merlot. Neither of those sounded good, and my coolest neighbor ever, is the one who got me hooked on the Pinot Grigio.

I told her that I'd love to, but David needed my help with a few things and I was in the middle of cleaning the kitchen, but maybe I'd come down later, if they were going to be up for a while. She told me to come down when I could and the offer still stands.

I told David they had invited me, and he's all for bonding and making and keeping friends, and since we kind of had a falling out, he thought it would be a good idea for me to go down and re-establish the relationship. I, of course felt exactly the same way, so that's what I did (after I finished doing the dishes).

I spent about 45 minutes chatting with the girls and sipping on a glass of wine. We talked about all kinds of things, and they even invited me to go walking with them. I'm glad I'm back "IN" and hopefully this will be a new beginning to a long friendship.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

I feel so left out, my neighbors never invite me over for a glass of wine. Actually, I don't even know my neighbors' names, you think that calls for the repairing of a bond?

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Romeo Jensen said...

awwww April... that's fantastic... I hope things work out for you... oh and it was me that was baking the cookies LOL

now... as to this comment you left me... and I quoteth thee...

"At least I know that if for some reason, I lose consciousness and somehow end up in your town, it will be a safe place to visit."

okay... this losing consciousness thingie... are you eating properly *snickers* it's either that or... you're... cough*preggers*cough

romey

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger mal said...

Its great that you have that kind of relationship with your neighbors. Our neighborhood was built in the 70's and is in its 3rd "cycle" with lots of families with young kids moving in so we feel kind of left out. They are nice people and we chat and such but our peers have all moved elsewhere. I suspect we will not be far behind them

Pinot Grigio? have you tried some of the drier rieslings from the paso robles area? you might like those too.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger stretch td said...

good luck with your new friends. Makes life easier when you get along with your neighbors and may even call them friends.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home