.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

9/20/2005

STORMY WEATHER


Last night we had an unbelievable electrical storm that kept me up all night. Just as I was dozing off around 11 pm last night, there was this boom that came from the sky that sounded as if Oceanside was being bombed. I have never heard anything like it before in my life. It was purely amazing.

In between the thunder, lightening lit up the sky, which was so bright that it came right through my window, penetrating through the blinds as if they weren't there, which then reflected off of my closet mirrors. It didn't matter which way I laid, the light was so bright if was if someone had a flashlight right above me and was waving it past my closed eyes.

The storm lasted through the night, in which I would barely doze off just to be awaken by another boom in the sky. Needless to say, I didn't get more than a total of 2 hours of sleep, so I decided to play hooky from work. Heehee. The internet has been down for most of the day, here at the house, and I've been anxiously waiting to post all morning.

I received a call this morning from the PM (Property Manager) that I interviewed with last Wednesday. She said that she was going to call my references, and dependent upon their availability, she would get back to me on Friday. So I quickly called the references to give them a heads up, only to discover that 3 of the 4 of them are at a conference until Thursday and will not be returning to the office until Friday. Looks like I won't be hearing back from the PM until Monday. UHHHH!!!

But if she's calling references, then that's a good sign that I'm getting the job. Right? It's just that this waiting is killing me. I'm so impatient when it comes to things like this.

See who's featured on today's Who's That Girl

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Oooh, pretty picture. I love lightning, there's something about staring into the face of something that could cause instant death that makes me excited to be alive and hopeful that I will die in a really unusual way.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger mal said...

We never checked references (we used a service) unless we were prepared to make the candidate an offer.....so yup REAL GOOD sign! Way to go!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home