.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

10/28/2005

ER'BODY IN THE CLUB GETTIN TIPSEY

Last night was David’s networking group’s wine tasting event in Del Mar. That’s right…Wine Tasting! Plus, I am officially in the “biz” now, and just got my new business cards yesterday, just in time.

I arrived about 15 minutes before David got there, and was greeted so cheerfully by some of the girls that I have met from previous events. They really are an awesome group. I was led straight to the wine, and they weren’t stingy on the servings of wine. If you’ve ever gone to a true wine tasting, they just give you a gulp of wine usually. Well, this place filled your glass! Now that’s what I’m talking about.

I barely saw David the entire time, since I was busy meeting new people and catching up with others that I’ve met before. I gave away all of my business cards and collected a ton, most of which I’ll probably never use, but it was fun to actually be part of the group.

After a few glasses of wine, I was feeling pretty good. Then I came across this guy who does all of the marketing material for the group, he was pretty tipsy himself, then he had the bright idea that we should do tequila shots. Even though I knew better, the peer pressure got the best of me, and I gave in. Well, everybody else was doing it!

After the tequila, I decided upon my better judgment, that it’s time to start drinking water. After all, it was after 8, and I told my neighbors that I’d be picking up the kids between 8:30 and 9. I told David that it would be best if he drove me home and took me to get my car in the morning, even though it will be a huge inconvenience on his part, but it will be an even bigger inconvenience for me to get a DUI.

We picked the kids up at 9:30, however I called them and let them know that we were running late, but on our way. We arrived home and the kids had been taken out to pizza and had a bag full of candy and prizes. I told them next time, they can babysit me, if I get to go out for pizza and get bags full of candy and prizes! They are like the best babysitters in the world!

They were playing Charlie and The Chocolate Factory when we walked in, and the funny part about that is I am going as an Oompa Loompa for Halloween as payback from the costume I made David wear last year. Of course David is going to be Willy Wanka. Oops, I mean Willy Wonka. Only he’s going to be the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka and I’m going to be an OG Oompa Loompa, Yes I will be totally humiliated and want to hide in that costume, but I’m trying to be a good sport about it, because now it’s ON! David is going to look so cute in his pink slutty bunny costume next year.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Alice said...

i will absolutely refuse to forgive you if you don't post pics of these halloween costumes, ok? :-)

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

I LOVE wine-tastings. Had a nice merlot last time I went, liked it so much I actually bought the $147 bottle. Then hated myself for being retarded and spending that much on wine. What can you do, though?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home