.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

10/10/2005

SENT HOME ON MY FIRST DAY

Woke up at 5:45

Left the house at 7

Dropped both kids off at school

Got to work at 8

She sent me home because I barely have a voice

THAT SUCKS!!!!

She said..... "If you're sick, we don't want you here". Only she was really nice about it and even added "You look really nice".

I said...... "I couldn't call in on my first day".

Then she told me what she had planned for the day and how we were going on a landscape walk, and she was going to take me around to all the other properties and after lunch she was going to have me sit with one of the other girls so she can show me some basic stuff I need to know.

Tomorrow we're having coffee with the tenants in the morning.

I'm so exctied to begin my new career and just my luck I get sick.

I woke up yesterday morning and my voice was barely a squeek. But I had a birthday party to throw together and a large group of people were arriving around 2 and a million things to do. I don't have time to be sick.

Collin's birthday party was great. There were more people than I expected, and Collin made out like a bandit. Of course his Dad didn't show. But his Nana and Papa did.

I was exhausted by the time everyone went home and took a nap from 6 pm to 7:30. David was a sweetheart and ordered Pizza, so I didn't have to cook. I had Soup. If I'm skipping Pizza for Soup then you KNOW I'm sick.

Now, I'm going to take some meds, drink some hot green tea and rest for tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Miladysa said...

((Hugs)) Get well soon - it will be brighter tomorrow :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Wow, that's a rip, I would feel bad if I got sent home on my first day.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Romeo Jensen said...

awwwww poor baby *hugs ya... but from a distance* hey collin and I share birth months... my birthday is the 12th... as to his dad not showing up... well... that's prolly a good reason as to why you're not with his sorry ass now... and to think... he lost out on such a gorgeous woman as you cough*dumb ass*cough I just hope for the kids sake... he learns to find time for them

romey

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger mal said...

Collin is very lucky to have a parent that REALLY cares *S*. NOTHING slows you down, I am impressed

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger stretch td said...

I hope you feel better.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Alice said...

aw! poor girl! drink lots of tea, and watch lots of bad tv ;-)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger stretch td said...

I hope you've recovered by now.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home