.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

10/24/2005

SICK WEEKEND

I’ve definitely had better weekends. Friday, I finished up my New Employee Orientation in LA, which was a total bore, however, I did learn some stuff, so it wasn’t a total waste, and the food was really good, I left LA at 5, made it to Orange County to pick up DJ (David’s son) by 7, and got home around 8:30. DJ was sick. So before we got home, I stopped at the store to pick up a few things and get him some medicine. As I was looking for what I wanted to get him, he stated that he can only take non-flavored medicine because the flavored kind makes him throw up. All children’s medicine is flavored! So I immediately called his mom to find out what she gives him. Of course she didn’t answer, so I left her a voice mail, and told him he’s going to take what I give him.

As soon as I got home, she called me back and told me to tell him that he’s going to take what I give him, because she said. Then she told me that he makes himself throw up because he doesn’t like the way it tastes. GREAT! She did offer to pick him up, but I told her that I’m a mom too and can totally take care of it.

He took the medicine I bought, with mucho hesitation Friday night. He woke up Saturday morning with a fever and coughing his poor little head off, gagging with his head in the toilet, refusing to take the medicine. I left David to take care of the situation while I went back to the store and purchased more medicine. I got chewable children’s Tylenol and chewable Motrin, and the Triamenic strips for his cough and runny nose, hoping that he would take any of it.

I got home and immediately gave him the Tylenol to help bring down his fever. David had a wet washcloth in his head. Luckily, DJ didn’t think the Tylenol tasted too bad and took it with very little trouble. Within an hour, his fever was down, and it stayed down for the rest of Saturday and Sunday. Thank God!
Of course David isn’t feeling well either, and spent the weekend on the couch. Since I hadn’t seen him for a couple days, I spent the time I wasn’t taking care of DJ and my own kids, attacking David and smothering him with love. It’s hard to get it on with 3 kids in the house, so of course we waited until they were in bed and sound asleep. I hate having to be quiet, but what can you do when you have little ears in the house that you want to keep innocent for as long as possible?

5 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Does it make me a head-case that I look forward to doing this someday?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger appsdshell said...

Not at all. It's one of the wonderful aspects of being a parent. I love being able to take care of the people I love.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger mal said...

I think they get more reasonable when they hit 20, check back with me, the jury is still out *S*

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Romeo Jensen said...

so what you're saying is You and David are Loud???

hehehehehehehe
yeah like I checked in on you a week or so and you hadn't posted since the "I missed my first day" post... glad ur back gorgeous!
romey
Now off to read the others

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Alice said...

haha you jumped david even while he was sick? :-)

lucky for me all i have to deal with usually is my boyfriend's roommate, and since he's a guy, he apparently doesn't care ;-P

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home