.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

10/03/2005

WHAT TO DO

My son's birthday party is this coming Sunday, at my house. Here's the problem, and I know I've created it for myself, but I can't help how I feel....

I invited my ex-inlaws to the party. I've been contiplating on weather or not to invite my ex-husband and I know I should, and I will invite him, but GOD I don't want to.

I have to be the grown up here and do what's right for my son, because it's important for his dad to be at his birthday party, but it sucks because his dad doesn't help support his own children what-so-ever and I'm going to be paying 100% for the party, while he's in my house, eating the pizza and cake that I payed for.

I'm sure it sounds petty, but hell, I haven't receieved a dime from the asshole since November of 2003. Oh wait, I take that back, he paid for one of my daughters Jazzersize classes, which was $27.

You don't know how bad I want to call him and tell him that if he wants to come, he can pay for 1/2 of the party. I won't do it, but I want to soooooo freakin bad. I'm just trying to calm down enough to where I don't start yelling at him and saying all kind of shitty stuff to him for not calling the kids once since they've started school or calling me to see when the kids are coming out to visit or ANYTHING!!!!!!! He's lucky he has his mom, because if it weren't for her, I'm sure he wouldn't even see the kids at all.

OK my venting is over and I think I feel better, I'm going to call the asshole and tell him about the party.

After work.

Just in case.

7 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger mal said...

mmmmmm, invite him and ask him if he can bring the support check with him. He probably will not show on his own volition. If he does then you can berate him a bit in private......just a thought, I can be petty on things on like that. You are much bigger person than I am on stuff on like that

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Just out of curiosity, what does David think about all of this? I mean, you involving your ex-husband like that.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger appsdshell said...

Arm: David and my ex get along pretty good. The fact is, my ex is the father of my children, and I'm trying hard to keep him somewhat involved in their lives, but at a distance. He's not a good dad, nor a good influence in their lives (such as him teaching my son at the age of 3 how to cuss). But, the fact is, Fuck Head is their father and because David is involved with a mother of 2 kids, he knew he'd have to deal with my ex as well. That's just how it is. Just like I have to deal with his ex.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger appsdshell said...

I called and left a message on Fuck Heads cell phone and told him that I'm throwing a party for our son at my house if he'd like to come, and I would appreciate it if he could help pay for the party and also that our son doesn't need any more toys, but winter clothes would be great.

I felt that was the best way to handle it without being a total and complete bitch, but still get my messge across.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Alice said...

well done... you'll have to let us know whether he shows/pays/brings toys despite your request :-P

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger dasi said...

Kudos to you for being the bigger person. I know how hard it is, my daughter NEVER sees or talks to her father, and he is about $30K in arrears in support. But I still will never say a bad word about him to her, even though I WANT to tell her he is a big LOSER and a junkie and not worth her time.

It killed me when she hung up pictures of him on her wall (even though after a week she covered them with Usher) knowing he doesn't give two shits about her and probably never would. But still I kept my mouth shut. And TRY to tell myself that people change, and MAYBE someday he really will make an effort at being a real father.

But I doubt it. And she's better off, anyway.

Sorry for babbling, but I felt compelled to comment...!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger mal said...

Yup....I have to concede,,,you are a much "Bigger" person than I will ever be. I am humbled *S*

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home