.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

11/09/2005

DON'T DROP THE SOAP!

Got a call yesterday from my ex-mother-in-law. (See, I knew there was a reason why I had to go home and get my cell phone). She told me that my ex-husband is in jail. Again. For Grand Theft Auto. Again.

This phone call brought to me mixed emotions.

I was actually kind of happy that his loser ass was back in jail.

Then I started thinking of the devastation this will have on my kids. Then I became mad that he could do this to them. Again.

Only this time, he'll be locked up for at least a few years, rather than just a few months since this is his second offence and he's still on probation.

His mom has had it with him too. She was stupid enough to give him a cell phone. His last bill was over $400. She has to pay that bill. I told her he did the exact same thing to me. Only I was stupid enough to let him talk me into keeping it on for one more month with promises he's going to pay me in a week or two. Never happened and the next months bill was even more than the last.

What pisses me off is that he can spend all this time talking to whoever, but he couldn't even take the time to call his own kids once.

After I got home last night I called the kids in for a family meeting. David and I told the kids as gently as possible. They were upset, understandably. I knew they would be. We tried to show them the positive things they have in their lives, and let them know that they can write to their dad, but we won't be able to send the letters until we know where he's going to be at.

They immediately started writing. I think it helped. It helps me.

They're better off without him.

6 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger mal said...

I continue to count my blessings

The strength you show in dealing with this garbage,

You are AWESOME! *S*

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Amber said...

They are better off without him, and you are a good mother for dealig with it in a way that is good and easy for them. And it's great that they have a good father figure in David. Yay April!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Alice said...

that is so sad... but like amber said, thankfully they have you and david, who more than make up for such a loser dad. it sucks that they have to be involved with someone like that at all, but at least they have a strong male role model at home with them, and an awesome mom in you :-)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Miladysa said...

(((Hugs)))

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger dasi said...

Do I have to say it? You know I feel you, girlfriend. Lexie’s dad may not be in jail, but I think it’s worse because at least if he WAS in jail there would be a reason he never is there for her… Anyway. I know it sucks for the kids, because all kids see in him is “dad” and none of the defects – but eventually they will see him as a man with faults, too. And someday they will realize all you have given them and done for them and be more grateful than you can know. You’re doing an unbelieveable job of raising them - and YOU are their rock. Not their dad. Maybe by the time he gets out, they will have realized just who he is REALLY, and have already allowed David to fill the empty space in their hearts their “dad” left so long ago. Chin up, April – you and the kids (and David) will be fine.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger stretch td said...

I hate to say it but they are better off without him. Kids learn by example and he is no example.

When he gets himself straightened out, he can get back in their lives.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home