.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

11/18/2005

WHERE'S AUNT FLOW?

I’ve been hearing more and more horrible things about the new PM that’s going to be coming in on Monday, which makes me even less excited about the change. Which means I’m going to have to cover my ass as much as possible and log everything that happens. Luckily I know that I have people within my company who I can talk to in confidence, that give good advise and guidance.

Aunt Flow still hasn’t come to visit and I’m now 8 days late. The “test” was negative, so I’m wondering if the stress between the changes of my job and the fact that I’m late is causing the delay of Aunt Flow. I’m not AS worried about it, since testing negative, however, if I don’t start in another 5 days, I’m testing again.

In other news…….. I was asked several weeks ago to be part of a song and dance act with some of the other girls from my company. We will be performing at our company Christmas party, and competing for the grand prize of $2,000 each. Yes, that’s right, each of us 5 girls have a chance of winning 2 g’s a piece. How awesome is that? Pretty awesome if you ask me.

We’ve had 3 rehearsals and have the song memorized and all of the dance moves down. We just need some rehearsals to polish the act so that it just comes naturally without even thinking that hard about it. I say we’ve made some great progress for just having 3 rehearsals and we’re gonna win this thing! I suggested last night that we do our act in a karaoke bar in front of a crowd, that way we know how we’ll perform in front of an audience, and have drinks too! Of course they loved the idea and we set the date for the Friday before the Christmas Party.

My weekend plans consist of hanging out with the kids and cleaning the house. Real exciting, I know. Hopefully there will be some drinking with the neighbor’s tonight or tomorrow night. I definitely plan on drinking some wine when I get home tonight. I haven’t had one glass all week. See, I told David I’m not an alcoholic! (He likes to joke around like that if I just have one glass of wine during the week, because he doesn’t drink on weekdays).

Have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Edge said...

I'd sing and dance for $2k

~Jef

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger EB72 said...

hey honey,

mine was late this month too (7 days). I'm not particularly stressed but maybe it's the light and weather and who knows what else??

I'll keep hoping for the negative test results for ya!

And I have every confidence that you will WIN (and I expect an awesome Chirstmas present since you're going to have some extra cash, j/k).

Remember, keep an open mind about the PM. It may not be as bad as you think ...

Love ya and ENJOY that wine!!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Romeo Jensen said...

I sooo enjoy post about menstrual cycles *sp sorry*
acccck!!!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Better to give the kids the wine; then they'll be drunk and disorderly.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Alice said...

what is the song & dance routine that you're doing?? any chance of a video blog of the performance? :-D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home