.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES

You may see things differently, but this is how I view my life.

12/29/2005

LIFE'S WRENCHES

Reflecting back, this year has been probably the best year of my life. Ever since meeting David, my life has gone from nowhere to fabulous. I am with the man of my dreams, someone I have all the trust, respect, and love that one could possibly have for another person. I couldn’t be more blessed or lucky to find someone like him.

My career has also taken off and I really love my job. I do feel overwhelmed at times, but I’m still learning and taking it all in stride.

Most importantly, my kids, who make me the person I am today. They keep me grounded and fill my life with love and happiness. Again, I am extremely lucky to have the kids I have. They are truly awesome little people.

Then there brings the fabulous friends and family that I have in my life. My parents have been married for 32 years and still get along (and I’m thinking better than ever now that they finally have the house to themselves and Mom has made some comments that I’d rather not have heard).

Now here’s the part where the wrench gets thrown in, just when every thing is going perfect. My mom called me a week ago and said that they found an abnormality in her breast. Which isn’t unusual, considering that she’s had several mammograms that have come up with abnormalities, but have been nothing.

Today she calls me to tell me she’s going to have to have surgery because the abnormality this time is a solid lump which may be cancerous. They need to perform a biopsy on the lump to find out if it is cancer. Needless to say, we have a history of cancer in our family, typically skin cancer and breast cancer. My Grandma, who died two years ago, had breast cancer back in 1995 and lived another eight years after she underwent radiation, kemo and a lumpectomy. I was lucky to have her in my life as long as I did. I love her very much.

So, this is life, and I just have to roll with the punches and deal with these things as they come. I am very close with my mom, and I’m trying to be optimistic, however, it’s hard to do that when I’m also a realist and know the history of my family and that these things usually turn out to be cancer.
I’m doing my best to keep my hopes up. It’s not easy. Please say a prayer for her.

5 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Parents married for 32 years . . . you don't see that much anymore.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Miladysa said...

I will say a prayer for your mother April.

Happy New Year x

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger mal said...

All in all life is VERY good. With the right outlook, it keeps getting better too.

The best to you and yours in the coming year.

Reading your blog has been a real treat for me. Thank you *S*

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger dasi said...

April - I'll definitely keep you and your mom in my thoughts. Keep that positive outlook you're so good at and lean on David when you need to - I'm sure he won't mind! ;)

Happy New Year!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Wombat & Aspen said...

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way and to your mom. Hang in there.

xo,
Midwest

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home